ISR March to Madness thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
UPDATE NET
ISU- 80 needs to win b12 tourney

UNI- 44, moved up 2 spots after beating Evansville, at large still possible but win mvc tourney to take pressure off

IOWA- 28 Should be a lock so playing for seeding

DRAKE- 163 needs to win mvc tourney

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
My guess is UNI will be top 40 by end of arch madness
From what I'm hearing from someone close to the UNI program is that UNI is most likely going to have to make the MVC Championship and play very well / win it in order to make it in. If they lose another regular season game, they have to win the entire tournament. If they don't make the championship, they will not get a bid. If they make the championship and lose in a poor fashion, they will not get a bid. If they make the championship, play very well and lose, they could still make it in.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
From what I'm hearing from someone close to the UNI program is that UNI is most likely going to have to make the MVC Championship and play very well / win it in order to make it in. If they lose another regular season game, they have to win the entire tournament. If they don't make the championship, they will not get a bid. If they make the championship and lose in a poor fashion, they will not get a bid. If they make the championship, play very well and lose, they could still make it in.
They only have left so not much of an issue

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
UPDATE NET
ISU- 80 needs to win b12 tourney

UNI- 44, moved up 2 spots after beating Evansville, at large still possible but win mvc tourney to take pressure off

IOWA- 28 Should be a lock so playing for seeding

DRAKE- 163 needs to win mvc tourney
Once Iowa loses to Penn State this weekend I'm guessing they will start to sweat again. Probably be on the 7/8 line. After they lose to Illinois they will be on the 9/10 area. Once again falling apart under Fran.

• Disagree
Reactions: awd4cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Once Iowa loses to Penn State this weekend I'm guessing they will start to sweat again. Probably be on the 7/8 line. After they lose to Illinois they will be on the 9/10 area. Once again falling apart under Fran.
The most likely scenario would be Iowa winning 1 or 2 out of the next 3. Winning 2 is going to be very tough but it's not impossible. If they do that, they'll get a tough 1st round matchup in the first round of the B10 Tournament. I'd guess they pick up one in that tournament and lose the next round. If all that happens, Iowa will probably end up getting a 7 seed.

This is obviously subject to change if Iowa goes on a run or if they'd drop the rest of their games. Win out and win the Big 10 tournament and they could get a possible 5 seed. Lose out and lose in the first round of the Big 10 tournament and you're looking at a 9/10 seed. Realistically, Iowa's probably going to end up playing a 7-10 seeded team in the NCAA tournament.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
The most likely scenario would be Iowa winning 1 or 2 out of the next 3. Winning 2 is going to be very tough but it's not impossible. If they do that, they'll get a tough 1st round matchup in the first round of the B10 Tournament. I'd guess they pick up one in that tournament and lose the next round. If all that happens, Iowa will probably end up getting a 7 seed.

This is obviously subject to change if Iowa goes on a run or if they'd drop the rest of their games. Win out and win the Big 10 tournament and they could get a possible 5 seed. Lose out and lose in the first round of the Big 10 tournament and you're looking at a 9/10 seed. Realistically, Iowa's probably going to end up playing a 7-10 seeded team in the NCAA tournament.
I hear there are major concerns over there right now. Joe W. is disengaged. CJ can't heal. Garza is hurt and everyone else is bad. I wouldn't be shocked if they lose out. I expect 1 more win from them.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I hear there are major concerns over there right now. Joe W. is disengaged. CJ can't heal. Garza is hurt and everyone else is bad. I wouldn't be shocked if they lose out. I expect 1 more win from them.
I have no idea if any of that is true, but I wouldn't necessarily be concerned because they lost @ MSU. They played well and ended up falling short. I don't know if anyone knows how the rest of the season will play out. I've watched them all year long. Garza is such a stable player that he can keep Iowa afloat against most teams as long as he's playing well.

If he's hurt and his play diminishes, then absolutely I'd be concerned because Iowa goes as Garza goes.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
I have no idea if any of that is true, but I wouldn't necessarily be concerned because they lost @ MSU. They played well and ended up falling short. I don't know if anyone knows how the rest of the season will play out. I've watched them all year long. Garza is such a stable player that he can keep Iowa afloat against most teams as long as he's playing well.

If he's hurt and his play diminishes, then absolutely I'd be concerned because Iowa goes as Garza goes.
Here I'll help you out, it's not. Consider the source.

• Funny
Reactions: Statefan10

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Lol, Evansville is 0-17 in the MVC for a reason. You guys were also at home. Drake beating UNI in Des Moines wouldn't surprise anyone.

Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm necessarily scared about that game, but Drake did play well against UNI in Cedar Falls and I'm sure would love to deny them the outright MVC title (if Loyola wins at Bradley earlier that day, no easy task in itself).

An at-large bid is still plenty of motivation to play well on the road, however. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a nice sized contingent of UNI fans there.

• Agree
Reactions: UNI1ISU2

NENick

Feb 14, 2017

Probably accurate. Really no different than since losing to Indiana State. Win Saturday, get to MVC championship game, decent game, especially if it's against Loyola, they're in.

I could shoot that vs Todd Lickliter

Ya know, I kind of think he's done pretty well keeping a team playing after what they went through this year. And how can Kentucky get a good seed when they lost to Evansville, at home?!! (0-15 in MVC)

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
you are such a CyTwins wannabe. I'd tell you to aspire for more but it would just be pointless.