Spring Position Preview: QB

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Yeah, its only a review of the spring position lineup, but I feel there is something seriously missing from this 'article'.

A 'D minus' for Jared on this article.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
It is a bit light on content. Would have been a good opportunity to provide some insight into the other QBs on the roster.
Do you really need insight on walkons we've never heard of before?

Here's my insight:

If Purdy goes down, pray.

If Dekkers and Bouman can play a lick, then ok, but if they can't, pray that Devin Larsen is the second coming of Kyle Kempt.

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City

Here's my insight:

If Dekkers and Bouman can play a lick, then ok, but if they can't, pray that Devin Larsen is the second coming of Kyle Kempt.
Do I NEED insight into those guys? Nope. But when your article is barley 4 paragraphs, your backup QB transferred out and you're left with 2 true frosh and couple guys I know nothing about.....get my point yet or do I need to keep going?

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Do I NEED insight into those guys? Nope. But when your article is barley 4 paragraphs, your backup QB transferred out and you're left with 2 true frosh and couple guys I know nothing about.....get my point yet or do I need to keep going?
Devin Larsen had an offer from Idaho, but chose to walk on at ISU. Blake Clark played at Dowling and was the holder for kicks, and attempted the fake play against Texas.

What else do you want to know?

Clonefan2022

Feb 20, 2020
It’ll be really interesting to see what will happen with Bouman and Dekkers in 2-3 years. I’m not a huge fan of signing 2 quarterbacks in the same class, but both seem like good prospects.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Is there any team in the country that would benefit from having their starting QB injured?

Alabama and Clemson seemed to do OK when they went to their backups....

But, your point is valid. 98% of the teams when they lose their starter are gonna struggle. Especially one that has been a starter for a few years. I'm surprised they didn't try and bring in at least a body as a grad transfer to be a backup. I know it is harder said then done and grad transfers are looking to play, but just a body would have been nice.

Purdy goes down, SINGLE WING.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Devin Larsen had an offer from Idaho, but chose to walk on at ISU. Blake Clark played at Dowling and was the holder for kicks, and attempted the fake play against Texas.

What else do you want to know?
CMC clearly likes Larsen a lot. I’d like to hear more about why he does.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Here's my insight:

And that the receiving corps has a Lazard and Butler type.

They need that anyway.

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City
I hope you’re not terribly disappointed if we sign two again this year.
I know Wright just committed but I have a sneaky feeling Cooper DeJean is going to follow a somewhat similar path as Hunter Dekkers and command a lot of attention during the summer of and into his senior year. The kid is just on a different level athletically than anyone else on the field. I've never seen a more dominant player in 2A football and now OABIC has been reclassified to 1A. Of course he's a Hawk fan and recently received an offer from them.

Last edited: