YouTube TV and Marquee Sports Network?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Anyone with Mediacom watching Marquee Sports Network and it’s not a full screen HD?
I don't have Mediacom so not sure how it exactly works set-up wise but have you tried on these other channels?

"Iowa’s Mediacom (Ch. 51; 768/668 in HD)"

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I checked it out again on Mediacom 768. It's an exhibition game, full screen and in HD. Picture perfect. The Mediacom Cubs fans should be in high heaven. I'm not a baseball fan at all so it doesn't matter to me.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
There isn't a stand-alone app yet, right? If, theoretically, a guy could access a loved one's Mediacom password and, theoretically, utilize that to watch games on the standalone app that would be pretty cool. Theoretically.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
There isn't a stand-alone app yet, right? If, theoretically, a guy could access a loved one's Mediacom password and, theoretically, utilize that to watch games on the standalone app that would be pretty cool. Theoretically.

There is an app. Up and functioning well for everybody except AT&T customers as they're still working through getting authentication set up.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Jay is a producer for the Cubs flagship radio station. Crane Kenney is the President of business ops for the Cubs.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Over the last week Marquee's own twitter team had been replying to tweets explicitly mentioning that discussions with Youtube TV are in progress. Those tweets have since been removed and replaced with the same prefab message to all:

Add the timing with Kenney's interview I would assume this means negotiations have hit the point of a few final terms neither side wish to budge on, so they are changing their public tone to add some pressure.

Meanwhile, feel free to use this form to directly request the network for Youtube TV:
https://support.google.com/youtubetv/contact/new_network_request

Reactions: psychlone99

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I know that so far YouTube TV has been averse to having add-ons for anything. I have to imagine the coming HBO support will be done this way however. Can't imagine they just give everyone HBO without increasing the price.

I will be curious to see what happens with all the Fox RSNs that Sinclair owns now. I personally don't care about Marquee at all and would be fine with it ending up as a separate add-on.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Probably has been asked before, is there a stand alone Marquee streaming app?

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I know that so far YouTube TV has been averse to having add-ons for anything. I have to imagine the coming HBO support will be done this way however. Can't imagine they just give everyone HBO without increasing the price.

I will be curious to see what happens with all the Fox RSNs that Sinclair owns now. I personally don't care about Marquee at all and would be fine with it ending up as a separate add-on.

Uh oh...this is a bummer:

• Dislike
Reactions: Dormeezy

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Ha, just came to post the email they sent me. I'm not surprised, but not watching Twins games this summer kinda sucks

I haven't received my email yet...was hoping the midwest Fox Sports regionals weren't part of Sinclair...dang...I am a White Sox fan so I am still good for baseball but my family has watched a lot of NBA this winter on the stations I fear I am losing!