The Fran fade

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
They've also played the 2nd toughest schedule in the country. I'm not saying they're great or anything. They choke at the end of games. But they probably fall somewhere around Oklahoma or Texas as a comparison in your conference.

I mean Oklahoma beat them by 9

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Call it what you want but every squirrel finds a nut every once in while. That's what I call Maryland's prayer last night. Minnesota played to lose in the second half not to win.

holy crap a 16-pt comeback. And Rut almost pulled off the same vs PennSt

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I mean I guess I don't understand why you think Minnesota is good that's all
I think they're just meh. But their schedule has been brutal. They have some decent talent but little depth is one of their main problems. Oturu is a beast but tends to wear out late. If he comes back next year they should be good. They're kind of a basketball version of the Cyclones football team.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I think they're just meh. But their schedule has been brutal. They have some decent talent but little depth is one of their main problems. Oturu is a beast but tends to wear out late. If he comes back next year they should be good. They're kind of a basketball version of the Cyclones football team.

Minny is not good, why die on this hill?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Weird Iowa fans were so excited to beat a meh team

• Funny
Reactions: GT25Ump

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
3 point shooting in conference play

Jackson - 42%
Bolton - 40%
Frederick - 40%
Wieskamp - 35%
Garza - 33%

• Dislike
Reactions: jmb

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
They have record and scoreboard. Not sure this proves much of anything other than you are trolling.

How am I trolling by posting stats? Iowa is better than us in basketball this year. Not sure that means we can't discuss individual performances

• Dislike
Reactions: jmb

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Minnesota reminds of Iowa State. A star in Oturu, a good player in Carr and not a ton after that.

I'd be amazed if Minnesota doesn't move on from Pitino. They've not been great, and there has been a TON of talent from the state of Minnesota in the last 3 of 4 years that he couldn't capitalize on. Matthew Hurt, Zeke Nnaji, Tre Jones, Gary Trent Jr., Jalen Suggs.

• Agree
Reactions: TRYHARDER and isu81

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Minnesota reminds of Iowa State. A star in Oturu, a good player in Carr and not a ton after that.

I'd be amazed if Minnesota doesn't move on from Pitino. They've not been great, and there has been a TON of talent from the state of Minnesota in the last 3 of 4 years that he couldn't capitalize on. Matthew Hurt, Zeke Nnaji, Tre Jones, Gary Trent Jr., Jalen Suggs.
I think Reid Travis as well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think Reid Travis as well.
You've got to show some success before you're going to be able to pull those type of players. All of those players listed above went to blue blood schools, besides Travis who went to Stanford (still a big time school) and then ended up at Kentucky.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron