Survivor: Winners at War

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yeah, now who am I going to cheer for?

Yeah I like Ethan too, but I think it was a solid move by Jeremy and Michele. They voted out 33% of the "old school" alliance on their tribe, increased their advantage, and sent an ego check to Adam at the same time.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Of the 3 old school, Ethan would have been most willing to work with the younger group. So I think they made a mistake. Either take out Pavarti or fully attach to her and Rob and take out Adam. The Ethan move probably helps Rob down the road.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I think Rob, Parv, or Adam would have been the better vote, but Im probably a little bias.

I would've gone Rob or Parv first too. Not sure why Jeremy thought taking Ethan out first would do more damage to Rob than taking our Parv. Still think it made sense to chip away at the old school group, can't believe that they seemed to be running the show even thought the new school had the numbers.

• Agree

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
My question is, why Ethan instead of Rob? I guess if the people who voted out Ethan determined keeping Rob around as a meat shield is the better route for now to protect their own games then that makes sense, but it seems odd to vote out Ethan to "weaken Rob" when you could have just voted out Rob flat out.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My question is, why Ethan instead of Rob? I guess if the people who voted out Ethan determined keeping Rob around as a meat shield is the better route for now to protect their own games then that makes sense, but it seems odd to vote out Ethan to "weaken Rob" when you could have just voted out Rob flat out.
No offense to Ethan, but he's honestly the better choice to keep around because he's an easy vote later. Rob gets stronger every week and will soon be near unstoppable. I just don't understand why people always let him stay longer than is safe for their own games.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
No offense to Ethan, but he's honestly the better choice to keep around because he's an easy vote later. Rob gets stronger every week and will soon be near unstoppable. I just don't understand why people always let him stay longer than is safe for their own games.
I agree. I would've went for Rob or Parv because IMO they are stronger players than Ethan. He seems a little out of his element given he played so long ago. I know the producers like to make you think it's going one way when it goes another but I was going to be really ticked if they got rid of Adam. IMO, knock down the old school and get control then they can always get rid of Adam later. Of course we don't really know what happens to those that are voted off and how they get incorporated back in.

• Agree

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I was rooting for Ethan. I watched Ethans season where he won. To be honest he was not that strong of a player. Lex dominated that season. Nobody seemed back then to grasp what was going on and Ethan made a good move with 3 people left to get Lex out. I however, thought he would slide by a lot longer than he did because he did the right thing and kind of hid behind two huge Targets in Rob and Parv. No idea why they got the numbers and still voted out a the least effective person out of that 3 person alliance. That made little sense.

I love listening to Sandra though. I love how she acts like her vote counts and nobody elses vote counts.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I was rooting for Ethan. I watched Ethans season where he won. To be honest he was not that strong of a player. Lex dominated that season. Nobody seemed back then to grasp what was going on and Ethan made a good move with 3 people left to get Lex out. I however, thought he would slide by a lot longer than he did because he did the right thing and kind of hid behind two huge Targets in Rob and Parv. No idea why they got the numbers and still voted out a the least effective person out of that 3 person alliance. That made little sense.

I love listening to Sandra though. I love how she acts like her vote counts and nobody elses vote counts.
Sandra annoys the frack out of me. She takes that "queen" title WAY too seriously.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Production wants to keep Rob and Parv around, so they "manipulate" the players into voting out others

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Just finished last night's episode on DVR. I'm OK with how the vote went down. Broke up the old school 3 alliance while making Adam sweat a little. Still think they are all nuts not taking out Rob 2 votes in a row now. They admit he is in control yet I think keeping him in the game pissed off you voted one of his people out is more dangerous than just cutting the head off the snake now which would have left Ethan and Parvarti basically powerless. Instead you leave 2 of the best players in the game's history still in the game and now pissed off while Adam has already fractured his alliance by keeping Rob in the loop so now those 2 have options to work with if people want to get rid of Adam.

Also, love how our Iowa girls Denise and Sarah are playing so far. Sarah getting that steal a vote advantage with a little help from Tony was awesome and Denise is playing the social game really well with an idol as protection as well. Hopefully both continue to make smart moves to stay in the game for the long haul.

Last edited:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

I think you weaken Rob more by voting out Parvarti there because Ethan is not a manipulative player like Parv and Rob are. Adam was a fool to let Rob in on his plan because when Rob has all the information he is the most dangerous plus if you want a true blindside to weaken him you don't let him know it is coming.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Production wants to keep Rob and Parv around, so they "manipulate" the players into voting out others

Yeah simply not true. Even if they tried, these players are all smart and wouldn't fall for it.

• Agree
Reactions: Drew0311

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

I think that's part of Rob's "mist". You don't go against the godfather.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Sandra is getting very fortunate that her tribe has been able to keep her on the sidelines in the challenges. Nobody cares that you are a challenge no-show when they can stash you on the sidelines.

I understand the meatshield strategy, but that really only works just before or after the merge. At this point in the game, it really doesn't make much sense. If the tribes swap and Rob's on a different tribe, then what was the point of keeping him around? If you go to the merge down significant numbers, he's just as likely as you are to make a new alliance and turn the tables on you.

I still contend that keeping Rob around isn't that big of a deal because I don't believe he'll last long after the merge if he makes it that far but I really don't get voting out Ethan to keep him or especially Parvati around. Cancer has made Ethan a shell of his self physically and he never really showed an aptitude for great strategy so far this season. Now you've sent a second Rob/Parvati ally to extinction island where Jeremy knows from first hand experience that those players can send back advantages to the players in the game.

For that reason, I think the next vote if they need to go back to tribal has to be Adam. He's not in your core alliance of 4, and Denise knows he doesn't have an idol, nor does he have any friends to send him anything.