Matt Thomas excelling in Toronto...

CyBlock

Oct 1, 2019
It doesn't seem that long ago that I was struggling to get a video feed of one of his high school tournament games. Hard to believe that is pushing a decade ago now.

Matt played against my nephew in many AAU games in Milwaukee. Saw him drop endless three's in those games with Hoiberg in attendance. He has a shooters touch that can't be copied by almost anyone; and yes, it is almost a decade ago. I feel old....

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
He's got a lot of ability. I don't think he ever reached his full potential at ISU. Great to see him doing well!

Not saying anything novel here but he has worked tirelessly since the end of his senior season to get better though. He gets his shots off quicker and shoots better on the move as well. He also dribbles and passes better. And I'm sure he's shooting better because he just has that many more reps. Credit to him and to all the ISU guys in the League because all have shown amazing discipline and dedication to keep improving.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Haven't seen many posts on this but Matt is doing his "Matt" thing in Toronto. Played 15 minutes in a win vs Indiana last week and had 17 points. . Calling him "Mr 99% on twitter might say it all. Just a pedestrian 5-7 from three and 6-8 overall. Now shooting over 50% from three on the year!

I know his teammates love him as an addition this year, and they expect big things from him in defense of their title... Catch him on TNT tonight as they face their rival Bucks at 6:30.

At the 8 sec mark I learned where D-Day from Animal House moved to.

Reactions: GT25Ump

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
how the **** did we never make it past Sweet16 during Hoiball era... Lot of NBA talent.

Good job Matty ICE earning yours! GET IT!

Last I knew most years, the teams left at the end are generally up there in defensive stats with some exceptions.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Out of all the guys we have in the NBA Thomas might be the one I feel the most proud seeing there. Still watch the Big 12 tournament games with him being lost as a freshman sometimes and think about how much he's grown since then.

Dude has to have the record for stepping on the sideline before driving. The improvement he made over his career is really impressive.