NFL: 2020 NFL Off-season Thread

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I've never understood why teams haven't been allowed to have their entire roster active and available on game day instead of 46 of 53 players.

It's supposedly to level the playing field. If Team A has 53 healthy guys on their active roster and Team B has three guys injured then by having 46 for each side on gameday it eliminates a competitive disadvantage for Team A. Both teams have an equal amount of available players.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If the NFL moves a team to London that team will SUCK. No one is going to want to sign with them. All the travel and living abroad? Hard pass.
You'd really have to do the 2&2. Stay for 2, go for 2.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Last edited:

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/26/report-tua-tagovailoas-medical-check-looked-great/

Sounds like Tua's medical checks at the combine went well. It's hard to see him falling out of the top five now. I think there's virtually no chance of him getting past the Dolphins at five if he even falls that far. I wouldn't be surprised if a team makes a trade with the Lions or Giants to move up for him. I'd watch for the Raiders or maybe the Colts to make a move. Both have the draft pick ammo to move up if they think he's their guy.

With his long lists of injuries...... is it worth the risk of moving up? Glad I'm not a GM. If you pass on him and he gets hurt, you are a hero. If he stays healthy and lights up defenses, then you are a zero. Probably will be the most scrutinized pick in the draft.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
With his long lists of injuries...... is it worth the risk of moving up? Glad I'm not a GM. If you pass on him and he gets hurt, you are a hero. If he stays healthy and lights up defenses, then you are a zero. Probably will be the most scrutinized pick in the draft.

I don't know. Doctors spent like nine hours looking him over on Monday. As long as they don't think any of the previous injuries are chronic then he's probably good to go. I do think he needs to be coached up some to learn to avoid putting himself in a position to get blown up, but as far as sheer ability goes I think he's the best QB prospect in the draft and it's not all that close. If it wasn't for the injury history he'd be right there with Burrow in the discussion for the top pick. It wouldn't be like trading up for an unproven player (Trubisky).

It always costs a lot to move up for a QB, but the gamble is well worth it if you're right. I'm sure there's nobody in the KC or Houston organization who regret trading up for their guys.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Those scores aren't supposed to be made public, and yet scores get leaked every year. I think if I was a prospect I might pass on taking the exam if they can't guarantee the results stay private.
I dont feel like it's an issue if you score like in the 20s or higher.