*** Official TCU Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Great to see a win, loved seeing Grill play some defense at the end. Dude is athletic and can get up as evidenced by him blocking Banes shot at the end after Bane got around him and thought he had the bucket. That was huge, huge for the outcome of the game but also huge for Grill’s confidence.

I still like his potential as a player.

Grill is a defender and a natural competitor.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Sat in the lower level tonight and was rather disappointed in those sitting around us. They just sat there. This team needs fan support and they just sat there. A few acted like we were interrupting their quiet time.

Let’s fill those seats with fans willing to support this team. WV is the final home game and senior night.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well a hard fought win by the men tonight, points sure were tough to come by in the 2nd half but they got enough to win. For all of you that didn't come tonite Thanks I appreciated the seating upgrade;).

I thought the defense was pretty solid but doggone hope they keep working on their rebounding.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
.... Luckily late in the game Tre had two great feeds to Solo.

Seems like when the game was one the line in the last 90 seconds, both plays did not involve Solo touches, but drives to the basket by Bolton. Shocking, I know.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Thank You team. Would have been so easy to fold in 2nd half. Guys showed some heart tonight.

The thing I liked the entire game was they wanted to play together, when one of them got knocked to the floor there was usually one or two others there to pull them up. The played with a lot of unity the whole game. Glad it payed off with the W for them.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I wonder what the Sexual Assault Index is in Waco tonight?
tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: CloneLawman

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Yeah....he missed it trying to give an exclamation point that turned into an indefinite suspension probably
Prohm praised Grill in the post game. It probably took him too long, but Prohm finally realized he needed to be out there instead of Nixon. Both are a minus on offense, but at least Grill brings something on defense.

Reactions: Cytown12

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Kind of a neat moment post game...
Those of us who stay for the whole game know that there's a certain order after a win - ISU Fights, then Bells of ISU, then Celebrate, then You Was Gone, and finally, the band members link arms & sing Bells of ISU (there are some lovely harmonies when they sing it). Tonight, Conditt came running over at the end of You Was Gone and linked arms with about four female band members (yes, his arms were long enough!). He clearly didn't know any of the words until the last line, but he swayed there with them for the whole song. Afterward, he said a couple of quick words (looked like a "thanks for playing" type thing) and loped back across the court. The band started chanting "The band loves George", and he turned around at the corner, trying to figure out what they were chanting. Someone down near him told him what it was, and he raised his arms and then brought his hands down together in front of him and bowed to them, then waved & ran down the tunnel.
Kid's working on replacing Hali, who replaced Georges as most-beloved Cyclone. :D