How does Javon Johnson look?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I think that's pretty low. I'd go 8-10 and 4-5

So you expect a guy who averaged 10 and 4 at a low level basketball school to transfer to a Big 12 program and average the same amount of points and possibly more rebounding? That is strange. Someone rated my post as dumb and my post is more accurate than others like you saying he will average the same amount of points and rebounds.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
So you expect a guy who averaged 10 and 4 at a low level basketball school to transfer to a Big 12 program and average the same amount of points and possibly more rebounding? That is strange. Someone rated my post as dumb and my post is more accurate than others like you saying he will average the same amount of points and rebounds.

I agree that is hard to expect much from such an unknown and from someone who has played at a lower level and wasn't a great recruit but other guys have come in and surprised so he could to. Just have to wait and see. I hope he surprises, though.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
That is a pretty big ask and you seem to be drinking way to much Kool Aid. He is a decent player. Not a 10 and 4 in a major conference guy. He will fill a Talley type roll on the team.

How many practices have you been able to attend to watch Johnson?

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
How many practices have you been able to attend to watch Johnson?

He is not a red shirt freshman. Dude has two year of college under his belt. You can actually go out and watch the kid play college games if you want to find it. He averaged 10 and 4 at a low level basketball school. I don't need to see someone practice. Practice don't mean crap. Lot's of guys (Alex Thompson) are practice hero's. Someone can go ahead and post the Allen Iverson video now.

• Funny
Reactions: CyPunch

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
He is not a red shirt freshman. Dude has two year of college under his belt. You can actually go out and watch the kid play college games if you want to find it. He averaged 10 and 4 at a low level basketball school. I don't need to see someone practice. Practice don't mean crap. Lot's of guys (Alex Thompson) are practice hero's. Someone can go ahead and post the Allen Iverson video now.

Ok. How many games of his have you watched from his first two seasons?

Reactions: Halincandenza

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That is a pretty big ask and you seem to be drinking way to much Kool Aid. He is a decent player. Not a 10 and 4 in a major conference guy. He will fill a Talley type roll on the team.

I'm just basing it off what I've heard and seen. They thought Nixon would be better than he has been. Jacobson was way better his first year than they expected though so I don't think you can bank on what you hear either way but generally if you here positive buzz about a sit out it pans out. Jacobson is the only one I didn't hear much of that panned out. I expect him to be better than Talley

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I'm just basing it off what I've heard and seen. They thought Nixon would be better than he has been. Jacobson was way better his first year than they expected though so I don't think you can bank on what you hear either way but generally if you here positive buzz about a sit out it pans out. Jacobson is the only one I didn't hear much of that panned out

I don't know how they thought Nixon was going to be good.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Ok. How many games of his have you watched from his first two seasons?

Several. I have a friend whose kid plays at Arkansas State so I have seen him play. I also watch the American East conference a ton also since I have a nephew that plays in that conference. So in my opinion there is no way he comes in and averages 10 and 5.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

If he fills just a Talley role then we won’t win more than 6 games in the conference next year. He needs to be a Big 12 starter and that is what the staff is banking on. We’ll see.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Defense mostly. He never shot well when I saw him though so I'm not sure why they were somewhat high on him

I was insanely pissed when they signed him two years ago. I will never understand why we did a 2 for one with him.

• Agree
Reactions: Malone

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Several. I have a friend whose kid plays at Arkansas State so I have seen him play. I also watch the American East conference a ton also since I have a nephew that plays in that conference. So in my opinion there is no way he comes in and averages 10 and 5.

Lol several.

Well, ****, you watch the America East Conference so I guess that somehow give you credibility. Well done.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
As an accountant you know the rule.

if it doesn’t fit the agenda, the numbers are disregarded.

this offense struggles with simple things because they can’t shoot. That’s reality. If they could make an even mediocre level of shots from the perimeter, they would look a lot better.
We have shot the ball just fine in conf play. That is not the problem.