The Fran fade

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
He's 20. Is that old enough to question Iowa fans who call him "tough" and a "fast healer"?

I mean THT wasn't even off limits to his own fanbase when he was 17 lol
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Not a good look.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
So Iowa would have close to a 0 percent chance to win at Texas Tech, Oklahoma or West Virginia?
Why not Oklahoma or West Virginia? They are both bad right now. Iowa at Texas Tech would be a tough game but we'd have a shot. Not as tough of a place to play as Breslin plus the Hawks would have the confidence of a neutral court win over them.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
D-

You gonna watch the top 25 matchup tonight between the fighting Izzo's and the red faced Fran's? Or you gonna check out some Hilton magic?

I'll be in Ames. I'm just surprised you guys are so scared of Michigan State who isn't good at home this year. I mean Mike Gesell went in there and blew them out when they were a top 5 team in the country!

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'll be in Ames. I'm just surprised you guys are so scared of Michigan State who isn't good at home this year. I mean Mike Gesell went in there and blew them out when they were a top 5 team in the country!

Not scared of MSU or Purdue. I just understand Iowa's history at those two places in particular. Yeah we have beaten both of them on the road before, but those wins have been few and far between over the last 20 years.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not scared of MSU or Purdue. I just understand Iowa's history at those two places in particular. Yeah we have beaten both of them on the road before, but those wins have been few and far between over the last 20 years.

So Mike Gesell could go in there and blow out a top 5 Michigan State team but this team can't go and compete with #24 Michigan State tonight. Got it

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
What you're trying to say is your history of being a trash basketball team

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Yeah I think Iowa loses I'm just not understanding why Iowa fans think they'll get blown out

I do too, but eventually I want whatever it takes (wins, statistics, NBA scout rankings) to prevent Garza & CherryCheeks not to return next season so we at least have a chance for a W.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I do too, but eventually I want whatever it takes (wins, statistics, NBA scout rankings) to prevent Garza & CherryCheeks not to return next season so we at least have a chance for a W.

Both will come back. Wieskamp has regressed from last year and Garza doesn't really have a place in the league

Help Support Us

Become a patron