Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Didn't you say that last year as well. That got you to 7-6, Bravo.

Things went very poorly last year if you didn't notice and we still ended up in Orlando vs Notre Dame. Bad luck, officials (phantom holding call), special teams, etc. I'm not expecting that this year. Plus you guys say the Big 12 should be worse next year so we shouldn't have to play a top 5 schedule in the country either

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
MSU - 84
Iowa - 70

Iowa hasn't fared well in places that have a huge home court advantage this year. They played really poorly at Purdue and Indiana. Both of those places have raucous fans and their players feed off of that energy. At MSU is no different and I expect MSU to jump on Iowa early and often. Hope I'm wrong.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Almost totally forgot about this all the way back from October. Just thought I'd take a quick second to gloat and pat myself on the back. :D
I would be willing to wager that Iowa will be better than ISU this season. I'd be willing to wager that I would never post on this board again if I were to lose. No more gifs or random smugness.

Why in the world would you think that?

You know this is a fools bet. This can only mean one thing. Hawkmi has exhausted every GIF on the Internet and has no reason to post here again.

Yes.........be a little more specific. Like, better for a couple of hours some night in December.....or better as a whole come March? Because winning in December doesn't mean you had a better season.....and finishing with a worse record in March doesn't mean you didn't have a better season. Lot of variables to go into this if records in March are close. One is having to play everyone in their league twice. Anyway.......I would only take this bet for BS sake.....because you are one of a very few Hack fans worth BSitting with.

How do you justify who is better on two teams that will undoubtedly be better in February than when they play in December?

Probably will have similar records, and it’s likely that ISU wins in Hilton.

Oh, and my personal favorite.
ISU will make the tourney, Iowa won't

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Almost totally forgot about this all the way back from October. Just thought I'd take a quick second to gloat and pat myself on the back. :D

Oh boy. That one drops my hot take percentage down to 96.1%

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Things went very poorly last year if you didn't notice and we still ended up in Orlando vs Notre Dame. Bad luck, officials (phantom holding call), special teams, etc. I'm not expecting that this year. Plus you guys say the Big 12 should be worse next year so we shouldn't have to play a top 5 schedule in the country either

Luck and officials don't win/lose games. Players and coaches do. Was it "lucky" that ISU beat UNI, like some say? I don't think so, but maybe you think that win was due to the refs or "luck".

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Next username? Why would I do that, I haven't been banned, and nor will I be.

giphy.gif

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

GIF-less Hawkmi post = invalid.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

That's some high level prognosticating. Well done sir. Did you anticipate Iowa only being a little bit better this season, or did you know that the gap between the two teams would be as massive as it's turned out?

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
That's some high level prognosticating. Well done sir. Did you anticipate Iowa only being a little bit better this season, or did you know that the gap between the two teams would be as massive as it's turned out?
Really didn't expect Garza to elevate his game as much has he has. Was thinking they were going to be solidly on the bubble.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Uhhhhh,.....OK.

How did those hoops losses feel?

Wrestling = Lacrosse, as in nobody gives an eff. How did the bowling team do? B^?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron