All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
The University of Iowa broke their own all-time record for attendance. With 13,109 in Carver-Hawkeye Arena to watch Iowa defeat Oklahoma State 34-6, that pushed the total attendance for the year to 87,979 for seven home dual meets. The new single-season NCAA average attendance record for college wrestling is 12,568.

To break the old record from the 2015-16 season that included over 42,000 for Grapple on the Gridiron is nothing short of amazing. It is also amazing when you factor in the ice storms and overall bad weather during the season and the fact that all of the big home dual meets were live on TV.

Seth Duckworth covers Oklahoma State Wrestling for Pistols Firing and FloWrestling. He had a tweet this morning that Iowa had over 10,000 fans for all seven home dual meets this season. Oklahoma State has only had t-h-r-e-e home dual meets with over 10,000 fans in the h-i-s-t-o-r-y of their wrestling program. That gives you some sense of scale.

Very Impressive. What a year of home dual meets.

Reactions: dexterhawk

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You're right I'm a season ticket holder and made almost every meet this year (not last night unfortunately) but I don't know anything. Yawn

I didn't think Cyclone fans cared about wrestling anymore.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I didn't think Cyclone fans cared about wrestling anymore.

If I didn't care I wouldn't buy season tickets and give money to the RTC. It's my third favorite sport at Iowa State but I still care. I'm probably unique because I wrestled and played basketball growing up

Reactions: stuclone

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
If I didn't care I wouldn't buy season tickets and give money to the RTC. It's my third favorite sport at Iowa State but I still care. I'm probably unique because I wrestled and played basketball growing up

Gotcha, just seems like whenever wrestling is brought up around here you get a bunch of who cares about wrestling responses.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
You're right I'm a season ticket holder and made almost every meet this year (not last night unfortunately) but I don't know anything. Yawn

So buy tickets and go to the games and that means you know something about the sport? I guess I can tell my wife she knows college football now.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Gotcha, just seems like whenever wrestling is brought up around here you get a bunch of who cares about wrestling responses.

I mean it's less attended than women's basketball but there's still a lot of people that care.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So buy tickets and go to the games and that means you know something about the sport? I guess I can tell my wife she knows college football now.

I mean I'm a former wrestler so I believe I know the sport. I follow both college and high school wrestling. Not much of a freestyle guy but I didn't do much of it growing up. If your wife played football I'm sure she knows what she's talking about. What position did she play? DL?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
That's too bad. Crazy what Pollard did to the program.

Hopefully they can right the ship despite JP, it's going sideways fast. I didn't expect recruiting to go as badly for KD as it has.

125 - Lee
133 - DeSanto
141 - Murin
149 - Lugo
157 - Carr
165 - Bull
174 - Kem
184 - Assad
197 - Warner
HWT - Cass

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I mean I'm a former wrestler so I believe I know the sport. I follow both college and high school wrestling. Not much of a freestyle guy but I didn't do much of it growing up

Well this makes more sense than your original statement.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron