The Fran fade

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Tough kid. Crazy that he is even questionable at this point. I heard he is a fast healer. Just hope to have him back for the NCAA Tournament.
If he were a fast healer, he would've played Saturday. If he can't play Tuesday, I would classify him as a very slow healer.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Congrats Iowa on your future elite 8. Im sure there will be a future thread titled “Iowa will fade early out of the tourney“

Lunardi has doubts about Iowa making it far in the tourney. This week he has only one team from the Big 10 getting to the second weekend-- Maryland.

• Useful
Reactions: leeland82

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Lunardi has doubts about Iowa making it far in the tourney. This week he has only one team from the Big 10 getting to the second weekend-- Maryland.

Maybe the Baylor Cyclones, or the Kansas Cyclones will make a deep run this year for you in the NCAA Tournament.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
So when Iowa goes 1-3 the last 4 can we call it the Fran Fade? Asking because I think that is the best case scenario for them right now. No shot at winning tonight. Illinois will work them obviously. Penn State is clearly better. And we saw what Purdue did to them earlier in the year.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Yes missing multiple games due to a low ankle sprain is the definition of toughness lol

Oh so Twins is also a doctor. Good to know.

My god-- questioning a kid's toughness when you have literally zero clue on what his actual injury is. Consider, for one second, that there may be varying levels of severity to an ankle sprain. So just calling it a "low ankle sprain" completely fails to take into account his pain and mobility.

Also, keep in mind, Iowa has a post-season to consider. Maybe they don't want to rush him back and jeopardize him later on in the season.

You are an absolute embarrassment to our fanbase.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Oh so Twins is also a doctor. Good to know.

My god-- questioning a kid's toughness when you have literally zero clue on what his actual injury is. Consider, for one second, that there may be varying levels of severity to an ankle sprain. So just calling it a "low ankle sprain" completely fails to take into account his pain and mobility.

Also, keep in mind, Iowa has a post-season to consider. Maybe they don't want to rush him back and jeopardize him later on in the season.

You are an absolute embarrassment to our fanbase.

Hopefully he doesn't get a hangnail, I'd hate for him to have to shut it down for the season!

• Funny
Reactions: adjl

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
So when Iowa goes 1-3 the last 4 can we call it the Fran Fade? Asking because I think that is the best case scenario for them right now. No shot at winning tonight. Illinois will work them obviously. Penn State is clearly better. And we saw what Purdue did to them earlier in the year.
You always know how to cheer me up. Chalk it up boys, 3-1 to finish the season in the top 15 and a 4 or a 5 seed for the Hawks. Bless your predictions and the year of your birth, 1976.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Hopefully he doesn't get a hangnail, I'd hate for him to have to shut it down for the season!
giphy.gif

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Also, for the record, this just has the feel of a big Iowa loss coming, doesn't it? I'm probably more bullish on Iowa than any other Iowa State fan on here, but I could see this being a 15+ point game. I think Michigan State has the front court depth to wear down Garza.

• Agree
Reactions: Lafaester54