AD’s tweet calling out ISU fans

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Dropping season basketball tickets after 35+ years as well.

You have had tickets for 35 years and this is the year that put you over?

This is the kind of stuff that makes all of you lose what little credibility you ever had.

Whatever, not sure what credibility I’m looking for?

Let's start with this.......

the last 3 years have put me over the edge.

Okay, when did this happen.......

iowa-state-big-12-finals.png

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
You do all realize that Campbell’s buyout decreases significantly if pollard is not the AD, right?

• Informative
Reactions: kralon20

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Heck, I only think he's OK anyway. People have pointed out how he benefited from coming around at the time of greatly increased TV money, and they have a solid point there.
He's also fortunate to be at a school with a fan base such as ours. He could have taken his first AD job at many P5 schools who have fan enthusiasm and attendance numbers nowhere near ISU's.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I like Jamie but this tweet comes off really immature and makes him seem very ignorant to what's going on with the basketball program. He clearly doesn't even understand the situation he's throwing a fit about.

He's arguing against what Prohm instructed his players to do. Defending a coach while publicly ridiculing the call he made seems like a weird angle to take. I mean he does know that Prohm called for us to foul right? So he disagrees with Prohm. Seems odd he'd take a shot at Prohm, especially on social media, maybe he is coming around.

Very confusing tweet.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
lol

every commends pollard for what hes done at Iowa State.

one tweet and everyone turns

its a tweet quit crying people.

lol

Who is crying? Most people here are capable of discussing good things and bad things they believe the AD is doing.

It was a dumbass tweet and should be called out as such.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Isn't it possible to think he's doing a good job, but also think that it was a bad idea to tweet this out?

If there is one thing I've learned from all of my years of being on this website it is that there is absolutely no nuance allowed and that every single issue, argument, or discussion absolutely be viewed and adjudicated through a black or white prism with no shades of grey allowed whatsoever.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
If there is one thing I've learned from all of my years of being on this website it is that there is absolutely no nuance allowed and that every single issue, argument, or discussion absolutely be viewed and adjudicated through a black or white prism with no shades of grey allowed whatsoever.

Isn't that the truth. Not just this board but society in general.

I posted earlier in this thread that Pollard tweeted a dumb thing, even if I think it's possible he didn't mean it to sound as petty as it came off.

But he's very good at his job, we're fortunate to have him, and he's a great fit for ISU. Don't lose the forest for the trees here. Good people do dumb things occasionally. It's not any more complicated than that.

Reactions: Cyfanisu

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I saw the tweet and cringed a bit for the reasons many shared....first read was a "nah nah, told you so" to our fanbase feel. As another poster said, if it would have been a general take without us mentioned and just a "Foul or defend?" type of tweet, that's one thing.

Also, some of this is just part of the gig with JP as our AD....same guy that puts a billboard outside Iowa City, tweets at another AD a "dig" at their scheduling (which our fans generally thought was good) also can produce tweets like this.

And, clearly, he probably does take some of the digs at Prohm personally as he hired him, resigned him, etc. That's human nature....because admitting otherwise is somewhat admitting your own fault.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Wait, so we are melting down because of the age old foul/don't foul arguments? Pretty sure the stats were close to 50/50 and I think it's much more of a feel type call but there is no right or wrong.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
Isn't that the truth. Not just this board but society in general.

I posted earlier in this thread that Pollard tweeted a dumb thing, even if I think it's possible he didn't mean it to sound as petty as it came off.

But he's very good at his job, we're fortunate to have him, and he's a great fit for ISU. Don't lose the forest for the trees here. Good people do dumb things occasionally. It's not any more complicated than that.
This

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
Wait, so we are melting down because of the age old foul/don't foul arguments? Pretty sure the stats were close to 50/50 and I think it's much more of a feel type call but there is no right or wrong.
You really think that is what the issue is with the tweet? Please...