Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Hall faced a top 5 schedule and is a MUCH better receiver than Goodson. Lol cmon man

You can think what you want. I am not arguing that Hall is good or will not have a good season. I am happy with Goodson. facing a top 5 schedule against not so good defensive teams really means nothing. The big 12 has an issue with defense as a priority. ISU is the best defensive team in the league. TCU is also good. That is 2 teams out of 10.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I mean I think it's fair to say Hall has more upside based off his recruitment but yeah Hall was a freshman All American and Goodson was a freshman

He was a freshman that needed to produce, Goodson did not need to produce as we had a room full of RBs from the previous year to start the 2019 season. ISU lost their best RB they have had in 10-15 years. Hall emerged as a necessity for ISU.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You can think what you want. I am not arguing that Hall is good or will not have a good season. I am happy with Goodson. facing a top 5 schedule against not so good defensive teams really means nothing. The big 12 has an issue with defense as a priority. ISU is the best defensive team in the league. TCU is also good. That is 2 teams out of 10.

Hall was a freshman All American. Goodson wasn't even All Conference. I'm not sure what you're even trying to do here but you're embarrassing yourself

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He was a freshman that needed to produce, Goodson did not need to produce as we had a room full of RBs from the previous year to start the 2019 season. ISU lost their best RB they have had in 10-15 years. Hall emerged as a necessity for ISU.

Hall didn't become the guy until the WVU game Oct 12th. What are you talking about?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Hall was a freshman All American. Goodson wasn't even All Conference. I'm not sure what you're even trying to do here but you're embarrassing yourself

Actually you should probably listen to what I am saying. I remember saying Garza was good. Minnesota will have a good FB team in 2019, and ISU will suffer to win big games/ lack leadership with out the playmakers at WR and RB with their loses of Butler and Monty. I was right on all of those predictions. You told me I was going to be wrong and a homer..... we all know how that has turned out. Hall will lose some time to Brock this coming year. Brock may end up being the best RB for ISU next year. We just never know what will happen.

• Winner
Reactions: Legend Hawk

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Hall didn't become the guy until the WVU game Oct 12th. What are you talking about?

He was needed more than Goodson was for Iowa at the start of the season. Goodson emerged later than him. as Iowa needed him to end the year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I have already said I am unsure if injuries were involved with Hall. And I do not know why the coaches chose to not feed him the ball afterall he was a Freshman all american.

You said he was needed more at the beginning of the year than Goodson was though