North Dakota State dual

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Exactly. Metcalf isnt going to at the ref like he did if it wasnt warranted. These are the same same to crappy refs that were here last week but had opposite roles and was just as bad. This was on the ref 100%.
Mackall also got screwed out of a fall and I'm not sure what took the guy so long to slap the mat for Ian. Dog **** officiating tonight.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Mackall also got screwed out of a fall and I'm not sure what took the guy so long to slap the mat for Ian. Dog **** officiating tonight.
Does Kevin have a say on on who works home meets or is that up to the conference?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Watched the match live, and then fired up the replay of Small’s injury several times when I got home. Still not sure how the injury occurred. Looked like a completely normal situation. Also didn’t see any point that was close to a potentially dangerous call.

Hope he’s ok.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold and csteve

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Did Dresser give an update on Small in the post match press conference?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Man thank god everyone but chase is coming back. If this injury bug season happened when this group was all seniors, *knock on wood*, that would just a shame.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
At this point, I am wondering if we will just have Todd, Jarrett, and David make weight for big 12s and then have them forfeit out. I really hope that David wrestles just to get some live action before nationals, but Jarrett and Todd just need the rest to make a run in Minneapolis. I know this will kill any chance we had at the Big 12 title, but get the crew as healthy as they can be for Minneapolis and make another run at the big 12 next year

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
I was there but on the opposite side and completely distracted by my kids who literally didn't stop talking at me the entire dual. Didn't get a good look at exactly what happened but I don't have a problem with the fans voicing their displeasure. If Metcalf was pissed enough to lay into the ref the way he did, I'm guessing it was warranted.

Exactly. Metcalf isnt going to go at the ref like he did if it wasnt warranted. These are the same same to crappy refs that were here last week but had opposite roles and was just as bad. This was on the ref 100%.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but Metcalf was wrong when he lost his cool and yelled at the ref. It was uncalled for and a rookie coaching mistake IMO. The few fan's didn't join in until that happened. Most fans, Dresser and St John kept their composure. I'm just not a fan of blaming the ref every time someone gets injured. I was there and didn't see any reason for the ref to stop the match prior to when he stopped it. Injuries suck but they are a part of all sports and they happen.

Last edited:

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Can someone please link the press conference. I'm not finding it in my searches. TIA

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think that was just as much frustration in addition to thinking it should have been potentially dangerous.

No injuries last year and 33, 41, 49, 57 this year plus mono for Coleman (I think) and the weight change.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Metcalf had a pretty good view of it . I agree frustration probably played a part or maybe he had just told the ref to watch the knee . I was there and I was ok with it . I did hear Kish tell the kid to use the shoulder or something like that but that’s sort of standard stuff . Doubt he wanted to injure him but to exploit his weakness

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CyGold

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Man, this group has definitely been snake bitten by injuries. Seems like it has been that way for awhile now.