All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
That Oklahoma St. team was the best in the Big 12...

giphy.gif

Reactions: HawkJRP

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
That Oklahoma St. team was the best in the Big 12...

giphy.gif

Goz. You should be happy to know that Dresser and you both agree that the NCAA should work to close that loophole. Maybe you should join his effort but shooting off an email to Mark Emmert (The NCAA head one not the drunk driving Hawkeye fanboy one)

Reactions: CyTwins

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I would just suggest to any Iowa fan calling out KD on this to go watch his post-dual presser from last night. Spent probably the last 8-10 minutes of the presser discussing the rationale and how he also believes there is a flaw in the system that needs fixed.

As far as the wrestling itself goes, sounds like Dresser gave his guys the option to not wrestle their teammates at the open since they go after it in the room everyday. He was expecting Marcus to have the SDSU and Minny kid in the finals, but our backups went out there and won. The backups did not want to wrestle Marcus (one was getting over a flu and the other just didn't seem like he wanted another beat down from Marcus). But again, I will leave it to you all to go watch the presser for the rationale.

Reactions: CyTwins

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
@HawkJRP do you support Brands ducking at 184 last night?

Of course I support the coach of the undefeated, #1 ranked team in the nation.

We dont have a great option at 184 right now which sucks. I am fine with whoever he runs out there at that weight.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I would just suggest to any Iowa fan calling out KD on this to go watch his post-dual presser from last night. Spent probably the last 8-10 minutes of the presser discussing the rationale and how he also believes there is a flaw in the system that needs fixed.

As far as the wrestling itself goes, sounds like Dresser gave his guys the option to not wrestle their teammates at the open since they go after it in the room everyday. He was expecting Marcus to have the SDSU and Minny kid in the finals, but our backups went out there and won. The backups did not want to wrestle Marcus (one was getting over a flu and the other just didn't seem like he wanted another beat down from Marcus). But again, I will leave it to you all to go watch the presser for the rationale.

I watched it. In a nutshell... We didn't break any rules. It's a flaw in the system that needs to be fixed. Other programs have taken advantage of it too. I'm here to position as many of my wrestlers for nationals as possible. It wasn't me, it was the kids' choice to default.

Weird, but whatever.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I watched it. In a nutshell... We didn't break any rules. It's a flaw in the system that needs to be fixed. Other programs have taken advantage of it too. I'm here to position as many of my wrestlers for nationals as possible. It wasn't me, it was the kids' choice to default.

Weird, but whatever.

Could you imagine the outrage if Iowa did something similar?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Of course I support the coach of the undefeated, #1 ranked team in the nation.

We dont have a great option at 184 right now which sucks. I am fine with whoever he runs out there at that weight.

Assuming Abe's healthy for B1G's, we're in fine shape there.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
You just said you don't have a great option at a weight where you burned the redshirt on a blue chip recruit

Said blue chip recruit is dinged up which is why there isnt a great option at that weight right now....try and keep up.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Said blue chip recruit is dinged up which is why there isnt a great option at that weight right now....try and keep up.

Yep, just need everyone firing on all cylinders for big tens and more importantly nationals. I like Iowa's chances at both if they are healthy.

• Agree
Reactions: HawkJRP

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron