AD’s tweet calling out ISU fans

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I'm sure he will find out. Dropping season basketball tickets after 35+ years as well. I guess that makes me a fair weathered fan. Paying to watch the crap that is going on right now would just be stupid. Jamie asked fans to step up a few years ago and I did my part and then he turns around and hires an unproven and poorly prepared coach who has under achieved particularly the last three years and then is rewarded with a raise and contract extension. Not sure if Barta giving mad Fran a raise was worse or JP giving Prohm one.

We're not renewing the 3 tickets we've had since Wayne Morgan era. This system isnt entertaining to watch and fighting traffic, snow and cold, and game times with a 7 yo makes it hard to care to go up there, even if it's only for conference games.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
We're not renewing the 3 tickets we've had since Wayne Morgan era. This system isnt entertaining to watch and fighting traffic, snow and cold, and game times with a 7 yo makes it hard to care to go up there, even if it's only for conference games.

Sorry to hear this as we bought our tickets up in the corner balcony for $99 during the Wayne Morgan era and have renewed them every year since even with the price increases that have driven them over $200 a seat now. We are going to have up and down years but 1 thing we learned over the years is when times are good those seats still sell at a premium on the secondary markets if you have to miss a game. One of the guys who owns 2 of the 4 seats we have has more than paid for his season tickets and then some most years selling off about 4 games a year. Pretty sure he won't have that happen this year but the point is once things turn around you will regret giving up those seats.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Overreact much? The VAST majority aren’t doing anything even close to that. In fact, if you can read, you’ll notice that most actually say something like “he’s a nice guy” or “we want him to succeed” before criticizing him. I’m curious as to what positives you’ve seen from him that demonstrate he’s the right guy to lead ISU basketball for the next 5 years...0

So you’re saying you have seen absolutely nothing positive from Iowa State men’s basketball with Steve Prohm as the head coach?

That pretty much completely contradicts you victim morph.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Pollard has built a lot of great things and done a lot of good things, but I’m not sure he is the guy that can take us to the next level. Of course the main concern is coach selection. I would allow Matt Campbell to pick a new AD, but that person has to be ready to open the wallet for a new b-ball coach with p5 experience.
I wish there was a reaction button that adequately expresses the level of disdain in which I hold this post. It could be a “forking stupid” button or a “wow this is a really brain-dead post” button. But something is needed beyond the dislike or tool reaction emojis.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Sorry to hear this as we bought our tickets up in the corner balcony for $99 during the Wayne Morgan era and have renewed them every year since even with the price increases that have driven them over $200 a seat now. We are going to have up and down years but 1 thing we learned over the years is when times are good those seats still sell at a premium on the secondary markets if you have to miss a game. One of the guys who owns 2 of the 4 seats we have has more than paid for his season tickets and then some most years selling off about 4 games a year. Pretty sure he won't have that happen this year but the point is once things turn around you will regret giving up those seats.

I sold 2 KU tickets up there for 15 per this year.

I’m the same. We graduated in 05 and have had those corners since. We were going to upgrade to the upper sidelines next year but no chance of that. Just keep the ones we have.

We have 3 kids we bring to almost every game save the 8:00 PM tips. For that late of a night you’re looking at 40-50 bucks for a babysitter. We need to be able to sell the extras for that much at least just to try and cover the cost.

haven’t had many 8 PM tips this year but you simply can’t give those away this season. There are other hidden expenses when there is zero demand for tickets.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
You have had tickets for 35 years and this is the year that put you over?

This is the kind of stuff that makes all of you lose what little credibility you ever had.
Credibility? Credible to you? I'm not sure that's much of a concern lol

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$

isubb79

Jul 16, 2009

This is the kind of stuff that makes all of you lose what little credibility you ever had.
Whatever, not sure what credibility I’m looking for? I have seen a lot of great games over the years and in the not so good years I held out hope for the future. I even tolerated the McD years with very minimal complaining but the last 3 years have put me over the edge. I thought JP giving Prohm a raise last spring was unwarranted. If Prohm would have gone somewhere else at the time I would have considered it a lucky break similar to Chizik and McD but ourAD thought he was the coach for ISU.
CSP appears to have lots of good traits but being a P5 basketball coach isn’t one of them.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
First post and my last on this forum... where were all of you Pollard/Prohm backstabbers when things were going well less than a year ago? I am sure Foster is following all of this closely....and, if I were Pollard, I'd punch out for some bigger profile job in another conference. We've had a frickin bad year ... deal with it ... and the constant negativity has ruined this board.
You're not gonna post anymore? Aw, schucks. We will miss you. Try not to suck any **** on your way to the parking lot?

• Informative
Reactions: Cy$

isubb79

Jul 16, 2009

Whatever, not sure what credibility I’m looking for? I have seen a lot of great games over the years and in the not so good years I held out hope for the future. I even tolerated the McD years with very minimal complaining but the last 3 years have put me over the edge. I thought JP giving Prohm a raise last spring was unwarranted. If Prohm would have gone somewhere else at the time I would have considered it a lucky break similar to Chizik and McD but ourAD thought he was the coach for ISU.
CSP appears to have lots of good traits but being a P5 basketball coach isn’t one of them.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
So you’re saying you have seen absolutely nothing positive from Iowa State men’s basketball with Steve Prohm as the head coach?

That pretty much completely contradicts you victim morph.

I never said anything remotely close to that. I was asking you.

Of course there are positives. But the negatives seem to be piling up much faster.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Sounds like I may get some better b-ball seats this year come renewal time lol

I think people will have an opportunity to sit in the top 5-6 rows of center court balcony when renewals open up this year. $1,000-$2,500 donation and then $425 per season ticket. I would be shocked if there was a significant decline in the corners given those are $200 season tickets with no donation required.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
But we have a lot of millions of dollars going to a pedestrian bridge and bar district in a parking lot. I don’t think Prohm goes anywhere till his buyout get a whole lot closer to zero.

Out of curiosity which would you rather have: delay the ped bridge and buyout Prohm or wait?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think he'd probably like to have this one back. Trolling the fan base that continues to show up to support the team during an absolutely abysmal stretch is a bold move. Not to mention this tweet was sent a few hours before taking our worst loss in the history of Hilton.

And what's the point of this? The game he's referencing is like 2 months old? What reaction did he possible think he'd get? "You're right, Jamie. Depsite the multiple 20+ point beat downs and loss to Florida A&M this is proof positive Steve is a good coach. Thanks for correcting me."

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
So if I remember right, the game being referenced by Pollard, the directive was for them to foul, but the guys on the floor failed to execute. Which is both comical and sad for both the players and the coaches. And now even Pollard.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I never said anything remotely close to that. I was asking you.

Of course there are positives. But the negatives seem to be piling up much faster.

I was responding to the question you posed.

if anything is ever read here, you would see I don’t think he’s the coach after next season.

but there have been some really fun and exciting times in the last 5 years. Even this year, watching kids work their asses off and seeing the light come on for tre, and beginning to for Caleb. A great and loyal cyclone in tyrese trying to gut out the pain for several games. Solo taking the step to becoming a good player.

but you have to win. And that’s not happening. There isn’t optimism going into next season, at this point.

will there be by October? We will see.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron