AD’s tweet calling out ISU fans

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
First post and my last on this forum... where were all of you Pollard/Prohm backstabbers when things were going well less than a year ago? I am sure Foster is following all of this closely....and, if I were Pollard, I'd punch out for some bigger profile job in another conference. We've had a frickin bad year ... deal with it ... and the constant negativity has ruined this board.
Oh man, your one and only post and you got it so wrong! Search my history and you will find I am generally supportive of both Prohm and Pollard. Nice try though. Probably a good thing you gave up so quick on this message board thing. It seems beyond you.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
This tweet was real dumb, the fact that he tried roasting the hand that feeds him and failed miserably was what irritated me the most.

the great part is at your elite donation level, you should be able to have that conversation with Jamie in person.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
First post and my last on this forum... where were all of you Pollard/Prohm backstabbers when things were going well less than a year ago? I am sure Foster is following all of this closely....and, if I were Pollard, I'd punch out for some bigger profile job in another conference. We've had a frickin bad year ... deal with it ... and the constant negativity has ruined this board.

bigger profile job? He doesn’t have the Gravitas for this job. What would he do at a real pressure cooker?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I love Jamie, but maybe instead of rubbing one call from a game a month ago into fans and media’s faces - he should focus on the fact that the basketball team and program is getting blown out at historic levels and that Hilton sounds like a morgue lately.

smart move by pollard. Remind us of a time where just a 2 point loss is bad. Seems like a veritable golden age now.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
He swung and missed with the comment and he seems out of touch with the level of concern the regular fan has.
What is more irritating is that JP to a degree created this environment by raising financial expectations from the fans after Hoiberg’s 4th year. We were a “national” program and therefore everyone’s donation requirement was going to double. Then he took the money, Hoiberg left and we hired a mid-major coach from Murray State for a million less than we paid Fred. And now he has the audacity to say we should be satisfied with 2/3 rebuilding seasons and not have “Hawkeye” expectations. He let the genie out of the bottle and now he doesn’t like it when it doesn’t suit him.

Athletic department is a business. More fans requested tickets than are available so they raise the price or in this case the donation.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Athletic department is a business. More fans requested tickets than are available so they raise the price or in this case the donation.

He exploited money from long-time donors during the best years of our program with the promise that we needed that money in order to maintain the national brand Fred was building. I’m not sure that JP has held up his end of the promise that he made those donors in 2014.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

You do realize that criticizing people doesn’t mean you are “backstabbing” them. These people make millions of dollars and it’s not our job as fans to only pump sunshine and rainbows into the athletic department.

isubb79

Jul 16, 2009
have you told Jamie yet?
I'm sure he will find out. Dropping season basketball tickets after 35+ years as well. I guess that makes me a fair weathered fan. Paying to watch the crap that is going on right now would just be stupid. Jamie asked fans to step up a few years ago and I did my part and then he turns around and hires an unproven and poorly prepared coach who has under achieved particularly the last three years and then is rewarded with a raise and contract extension. Not sure if Barta giving mad Fran a raise was worse or JP giving Prohm one.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
You’re right. It’s much better to anonymously call the coach a worthless **** on a fan site

Overreact much? The VAST majority aren’t doing anything even close to that. In fact, if you can read, you’ll notice that most actually say something like “he’s a nice guy” or “we want him to succeed” before criticizing him. I’m curious as to what positives you’ve seen from him that demonstrate he’s the right guy to lead ISU basketball for the next 5 years...0

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I'm sure he will find out. Dropping season basketball tickets after 35+ years as well. I guess that makes me a fair weathered fan. Paying to watch the crap that is going on right now would just be stupid. Jamie asked fans to step up a few years ago and I did my part and then he turns around and hires an unproven and poorly prepared coach who has under achieved particularly the last three years and then is rewarded with a raise and contract extension. Not sure if Barta giving mad Fran a raise was worse or JP giving Prohm one.

You have had tickets for 35 years and this is the year that put you over?

This is the kind of stuff that makes all of you lose what little credibility you ever had.

Help Support Us

Become a patron