All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Totally agree that the "tournament" held in Gilbert yesterday was a total joke. Really hurts the sport of wrestling.

As far as the All Iowa/ISU wrestling lineup goes.... give me Parker and Carr from ISU... and everyone else from Iowa.

Is he getting worried about his job? That's the only thing I can think of that would make him stoop to something as desperate as this.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Is he getting worried about his job? That's the only thing I can think of that would make him stoop to something as desperate as this.

I don't think he's worried about his job. JP doesn't care enough about wrestling to fire Dresser IMO. If he'll put up with a garbage basketball team, he'll definitely put up with a garbage wrestling team.

I don't know why Dresser is doing this crap though. Although he's not the only one doing it. Okie St is, SDSU is, and NDSU is. I'm sure there are many others. It's dumb.

Nothing will make you a worse wrestler than to get into the NCAA's without actually deserving it..... and your head coach supporting that. Just my two cents. Get in like everyone else does. If you don't, then you've only cheated yourself, and that won't make you any better.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I don't think he's worried about his job. JP doesn't care enough about wrestling to fire Dresser IMO. If he'll put up with a garbage basketball team, he'll definitely put up with a garbage wrestling team.

I don't know why Dresser is doing this crap though. Although he's not the only one doing it. Okie St is, SDSU is, and NDSU is. I'm sure there are many others. It's dumb.

Nothing will make you a worse wrestler than to get into the NCAA's without actually deserving it..... and your head coach supporting that. Just my two cents. Get in like everyone else does. If you don't, then you've only cheated yourself, and that won't make you any better.

Yeah if this was at all an accepted thing KD and ISU wouldn't be getting killed by the rest of the CW community the way they are.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
It's not just about 70%. It is also about the number of matches at your weight. The NCAA rules don't account for switching weights or for injury. They may even have left this loophole open for a reason.

I don't believe in tax evasion, but I do encourage tax avoidance. That is to pay what you should, and avoid what you can by legally taking advantage of any rules within the tax code that allow you to reduce your taxes.

By the same token, if the loophole exists in NCAA wrestling, a coach would be a fool not to take advantage of it. I would rather see a coach that is proactively giving his wrestler the best opportunity (and that is what this is, just an opportunity) to earn a spot into the NCAA tournament without leaving it up to the NCAA selection body.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
GrappleCy can correct me if I am wrong, but I think if the NDSU coach is really as horrified by this “tragedy” as the Iowa fans are I believe NDSU could forfeit Coleman’s weight tonight and leave him 1 match short.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It's not just about 70%. It is also about the number of matches at your weight. The NCAA rules don't account for switching weights or for injury. They may even have left this loophole open for a reason.

I don't believe in tax evasion, but I do encourage tax avoidance. That is to pay what you should, and avoid what you can by legally taking advantage of any rules within the tax code that allow you to reduce your taxes.

By the same token, if the loophole exists in NCAA wrestling, a coach would be a fool not to take advantage of it. I would rather see a coach that is proactively giving his wrestler the best opportunity (and that is what this is, just an opportunity) to earn a spot into the NCAA tournament without leaving it up to the NCAA selection body.

Preach!

• Funny
Reactions: HawkJRP

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
Does Iowa have anyone they'll duck tonight? Assad maybe? Only one that would make sense
Brands already said Assad was going here on out. I could see a senior getting a spot start on Senior night since this shouldn’t be close, but then again, I think Tom wants a shutout.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Brands already said Assad was going here on out. I could see a senior getting a spot start on Senior night since this shouldn’t be close, but then again, I think Tom wants a shutout.

Lol ducking again. Unbelievable!

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

This level of domination over Oklahoma St., it really doesn't matter what we do at 84.

Good to see ISU was able to hold off NDSU for the win. Was KD able to talk the NDSU coach into taking an injury default for Coleman?

Help Support Us

Become a patron