Sign of a good Coach

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Negative. I have been to Lubbock for the football games in 15 and 17. It’s a severely underrated big 12 town.

When their teams are good and the stadiums/arenas are rollin' they look like total hornets' nests.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Sign of a Bad Coach: You take dumps and then use University towels to wipe your fat a$$ using the floss method because you can't reach.
Now that is a Bad Coach....but maybe not Dumb Coach, because he got hundreds of thousands of Iowa dollars for he and his son.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Is beating an undefeated team on the road while 14-14 talent a sign of a good coach? Because Otz is doing that right now
Oztelberger, as well as the other candidates Pollard interviewed in Atlanta, were too 'authoritative" and demanding for Jamie; he wanted a coach laid back and calm like Fred, so the returning players didn't revolt and transfer.
So here we are.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
SIAP but that loss to Texas Tech was the largest margin of defeat in the history of Hilton Coliseum. And it wasn't even a ranked team.

Reactions: Scott34

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Otzelberger runs things a lot different than Fred does, just saying. A little more demanding, like on D for instance.

Well after ISU lost to UCONN Morris said they needed to play some defense...maybe players want that kind of coach more than it seems.

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Up 25 in the 2nd hald beard was constantly coaching up his players when they came off the court or during dead balls. The whole staff was. Prohm and our staff on the other hand were standing their with their arms crossed just watching the game mostly. That was embarrassing.
Did CSP drop another “well if we shot better and didn’t give up so many Easy baskets it would have been better” doozy?

• Funny
Reactions: CyBobby

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Yup. We can't even muster a meltdown on this one. It's pretty sad.
Noticed a lot of acceptance on the way out of Hilton. Not like people were happy about it, but pretty much expect it now.

Similar thoughts as I was walking out of Hilton tonight. I absolutely hate to say this, and seems a little cliche, but this is exactly what the McD years were like (the latter years). I think we've reached that point. Sigh........ It may be time to move on.

Is Hilton still exciting/fun to everyone?

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Oztelberger, as well as the other candidates Pollard interviewed in Atlanta, were too 'authoritative" and demanding for Jamie; he wanted a coach laid back and calm like Fred, so the returning players didn't revolt and transfer.
So here we are.

I have zero doubt that Pollard wanted to hire Otz and would have if it weren’t for Leath.