What music are you listening to right now?

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008

Just picked up tickets for his show in Chicago in October as well.

I've seen them in Chicago before at UIC. They were really good. Granted, this was after their self titled album. I was not a fan of 22 A Million at all. This newest album though, I really like.

Also, I saw keyboardist, backup vocalist, multi-instrumentalist S Carey in a freaking living room show in Valley Junction. I literally sat on the couch with him and had no idea who he was.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've seen them in Chicago before at UIC. They were really good. Granted, this was after their self titled album. I was not a fan of 22 A Million at all. This newest album though, I really like.

Also, I saw keyboardist, backup vocalist, multi-instrumentalist S Carey in a freaking living room show in Valley Junction. I literally sat on the couch with him and had no idea who he was.
I grew up in the same area that Justin Vernon is from, and we went to college at UW-Eau Claire at the same time. I saw him (along with Phil and Brad Cook) play many times during that time period. I didn't realize they were the same person when the Bon Iver moniker was used years later. All these folks are very down to earth.

Reactions: Cybyassociation

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I was moved to pull up Merle Haggard's "My Favorite Memory." Don't know why - it was just out of the blue and I had to hear it. What a beautiful song. Didn't know where else to post, so here it is.

Reactions: Doc and arobb

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Khruangbi- a trio from Houston does mostly instrumental, but crazy different (world mix influence includes Thai Funk, whatever that is!) from anything I have heard. Think soundtrack for a sequel to Pulp Fiction but hipper, hotter, cooler and catchier.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What are everyone's thoughts on Jason Isbell's new song? I love it, but it seems some are being critical of it.