Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I’m not worried about Iowa. They’re not that good. Losses to the nfl are going to catch up to them.

2018 we won 9 games and lost 4 early entries (2 first rounders) to the NFL.

The next year we won 10 games and are losing 4 early entries (most likely 2 first rounders) to the NFL.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
They might be, but we will be better than them at almost every position on the field next year, and have a HUGE advantage at QB.
I've not thought about a single game next season. I just know they will be favored.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
What positions is ISU clearly better in? I will give ya QB due, but that could be a toss up. TE, based on production I can see it. RB is a wash to me as is WR. lbs are a wash. DL is Iowa, OL is Iowa, Secondary is also a wash to me but ISU has Eisworth who is very good.

WR/ TE =
RB =
QB ISU
OL Iowa
DL Iowa
LB =
Secondary = ISU
ST =

You can argue it one way or the other, but at the end of the day, It is a toss up game and Kinnick can play a factor.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
What positions is ISU clearly better in? I will give ya QB due, but that could be a toss up. TE, based on production I can see it. RB is a wash to me as is WR. lbs are a wash. DL is Iowa, OL is Iowa, Secondary is also a wash to me but ISU has Eisworth who is very good.

WR/ TE =
RB =
QB ISU
OL Iowa
DL Iowa
LB =
Secondary = ISU
ST =

You can argue it one way or the other, but at the end of the day, It is a toss up game and Kinnick can play a factor.

Right now I would go:

QB: ISU
RB: Push
WR: Push
TE: ISU
OL: Iowa
DL: Push
LB: ISU
DB: Iowa
ST: Iowa
Coaching: Iowa

adjl

Jun 13, 2019

WR/ TE =
RB =
QB ISU
OL Iowa
DL Iowa
LB =
Secondary = ISU
ST =

I'm not sure if you are serious.

WR/ TE = ISU almost always better at WR and we have an All- American TE. Clear advantage for us here.
RB = Hall >>>>>anyone you have
QB ISU
OL Iowa you lost your best lineman. I will concede this one, but it's going to be close there too.
DL ISU- you lost the only 2 who were decent
LB = ISU
Secondary = ISU
ST = Not sure yet

So like I said, almost every position.

• Creative
Reactions: breck53

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

WR/ TE =
RB =
QB ISU
OL Iowa
DL Iowa
LB =
Secondary = ISU
ST =

You’re gonna have to work hard to convince me on the DL. Iowa State’s is quite good and will continue to be. Probably a push.

If you are combing WE/TE= ISU. Otherwise it’s probably push for WR.

The rest are probably accurate.

Reactions: adjl

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I don't know who 76 is, but I we are going to be very good next year. Maybe the best team we've had in a very long time. Iowa lost their best defensive players, best lineman and starting QB. If there is ever a year where the stars align for a blowout, it's next year.
You almost got me to bite - thinking that you really believed this. Good one!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

WR/ TE =
RB =
QB ISU
OL Iowa
DL Iowa
LB =
Secondary = ISU
ST =

Lol you don't think Iowa State is better at every offensive skill position

• Creative
Reactions: breck53

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I'm sure hok fans will fall in love with a poor man's nate stanley after they all turned on poor nate last year. He wasn't very good, but Iowa fans treated him like dirt. Felt sorry for the kid.
You are horrible at this. Hawkeye fans did not turn on Nate Stanley this season. He took some crap his JR year, especially after he played a stinker at PSU, but I think a very vast majority of hawk fans were firmly behind him this last season. He's a great kid, had a great career and will be well remembered and appreciated by most level headed Hawk fans.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
You don't think ISU will be good at football next year?
I actually do think the Clones will be good but predicting a blowout in IC is just plain dumb. Your 2019 team should've been much better than it ended up as well. My best advice is to go ahead and get excited about next year but pump the breaks just a tad bit.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: breck53 and adjl

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
2018 we won 9 games and lost 4 early entries (2 first rounders) to the NFL.

The next year we won 10 games and are losing 4 early entries (most likely 2 first rounders) to the NFL.

Who cares?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron