The Fran fade

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What’s up with Wieskamp? His shooting percentages are a lot lower than last year
Teams aren't allowing him to get as many open looks as he had last year. He's a huge force of emphasis for opposing teams. It's a bit of a sophomore slump but I don't think it's anything more than that.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Iowa is fading..

upload_2020-2-21_11-4-35.png

Last night is the first time since Feb 2nd they have beat a team who is considered good. (2-3 point favorite at tip-off may I add). They are having a good season, borderline great consider their performance history of the last 10 or 20 years. We are having the opposite

But Iowa hasn't beat a relevent team away from Carver since before Christmas, on a neutral court against Cincy. That same Cincy team is also fading fast and is currently hovering on the bubble.

Iowa's resume also includes a loss to the worst (or close) P5 team in the country. Want to prove you are a good team little brother.. Go beat Michigan State or Illinois at their place.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Iowa is fading..

View attachment 70357

Last night is the first time since Feb 2nd they have beat a team who is considered good. (2-3 point favorite at tip-off may I add). They are having a good season, borderline great consider their performance history of the last 10 or 20 years. We are having the opposite

But Iowa hasn't beat a relevent team away from Carver since before Christmas, on a neutral court against Cincy. That same Cincy team is also fading fast and is currently hovering on the bubble.

Iowa's resume also includes a loss to the worst (or close) P5 team in the country. Want to prove you are a good team little brother.. Go beat Michigan State or Illinois at their place.

Not really breaking news that winning on the road in the B1G is extremely difficult this season.

Iowa is 8-6 in Quad 1 games and 12-7 in Quad 1 and 2 games.

This isnt really the year to go after Iowa's resume considering they are 19-8 while playing one of the most difficult schedules in the country according to KenPom.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
What’s up with Wieskamp? His shooting percentages are a lot lower than last year

Please let this be your next troll! We need Wieskamp to turn it around and you have a good track record of your trolls backfiring.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Not really breaking news that winning on the road in the B1G is extremely difficult this season.

Iowa is 8-6 in Quad 1 games and 12-7 in Quad 1 and 2 games.

This isnt really the year to go after Iowa's resume considering they are 19-8 while playing one of the most difficult schedules in the country according to KenPom.

It's pretty telling that a team with a resume of Top 5 in Q1 wins only to ranked 27th in the net.. also Wiscosin, Rutgers and Illinois are 26, 28 and 29th on Torvik. Let's see how many of those home wins fall outside of Q1 by the end of the season

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
It's pretty telling that a team with a resume of Top 5 in Q1 wins only to ranked 27th in the net.. also Wiscosin, Rutgers and Illinois are 26, 28 and 29th on Torvik. Let's see how many of those home wins fall outside of Q1 by the end of the season

NET has the Iowa SOS way out of whack when comparing it with KenPom and Sagarin.

KenPom: 8

Sagarin: 8

NET: 89

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Iowa is fading..

View attachment 70357

Apply liberally...
71KY4v9kycL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: HawkJRP

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I think there have been 2 or 3 years of fading over Fran's 10 years. Way too much is made of it. Heck look at ISU last year, they finished the reg. season losing 5 of the last 6. The year before that they lost 6 in a row to finish the season, and 8 of their last 9. This year won't be any better as well. That is 3 straight years of the Steve slide, now that is a real issue.
Since 2014 in conference Fran has been 87-92 or .4860%
In same time period from Feb to end of season his record is .4857%

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
NET has the Iowa SOS way out of whack when comparing it with KenPom and Sagarin.

KenPom: 8

Sagarin: 8

NET: 89

Didn't the NCAA create NET for the NCAA tourney? Why wouldn't you use that.

Most fans (including me) agree that KenPom, Sagarin, BPI and Torvick are better. But that's just not how seeding is going to work.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Didn't the NCAA create NET for the NCAA tourney? Why wouldn't you use that.

Most fans (including me) agree that KenPom, Sagarin, BPI and Torvick are better. But that's just not how seeding is going to work.

My understanding is NET is one tool they use to determine the field and seeding. They arent going to seed the teams strictly based on their NET ranking.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Yup, so not only.

I never said only. I was implying that you should put WAY more emphasis on NET over any other metric.

Let's make an example using your data on SOS: Net is 60%, Kenpom is 20% and Saragin is 20%. That would imply a SOS rating of 57.

*This isn't the actual percentages but you have to understand NET rules over all other rankings come selection Sunday. Right or wrong..

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I never said only. I was implying that you should put WAY more emphasis on NET over any other metric.

Let's make an example using your data on SOS: Net is 60%, Kenpom is 20% and Saragin is 20%. That would imply a SOS rating of 57.

*This isn't the actual percentages but you have to understand NET rules over all other rankings come selection Sunday. Right or wrong..

Iowa was in the mid to upper 20's in NET when the selection committee revealed their top 16 seeds a couple weeks ago.

Iowa was also mentioned as one of 3 teams that were given the most consideration to be in the top 16 that didnt make it by the chair of the committee.

• Dislike
Reactions: cycloner29