The Fran fade

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
We all know Fran's teams fade at the end of the season almost every year but it's crazy to think about the team 4 years ago. That team wasn't stacked with talent but it was definitely more talented than the team they have this year

4 years ago at this time Iowa was actually better and Uthoff was a stud and we all saw what happened. Crazy thing is I think this team is more mentally soft than that team

The last couple of years? We were literally just better than them last year

I don't think this one will. I mean Feb 2nd and they're already refusing to shake hands with their opponents and had a player call out an official by name to the media. Given Fran's track record this is almost too predictable
giphy.gif

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Kind of sad HN has to address it like it hasn't been a thing the last decade....

I think there have been 2 or 3 years of fading over Fran's 10 years. Way too much is made of it. Heck look at ISU last year, they finished the reg. season losing 5 of the last 6. The year before that they lost 6 in a row to finish the season, and 8 of their last 9. This year won't be any better as well. That is 3 straight years of the Steve slide, now that is a real issue.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think there have been 2 or 3 years of fading over Fran's 10 years. Way too much is made of it. Heck look at ISU last year, they finished the reg. season losing 5 of the last 6. The year before that they lost 6 in a row to finish the season, and 8 of their last 9. This year won't be any better as well. That is 3 straight years of the Steve slide, now that is a real issue.

What two years did Iowa fade under Fran?

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
More than enough to go around. Mead is the new Ice

Friends parents keep bees in sconsin, so he gave me a few bottles I really got into. Tried a few commercial bottles, and while quite a bit sweeter, still pretty good. Neighbor keeps bees and offered a supply if I'm looking to brew, so we'll see. Gonna do wines this summer with various mn native fruits (gooseberries, wild blueberries, currants).
Just avoid the "dingleberries"... LOL

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
So you'd watched them play twice since last March and weren't impressed? Never crossed your mind that maybe you hadn't seen them at their best considering they were in the top 5 early on and played their way back into the top 25 recently? I'm starting to question your judgement.
Lol they are not a top 5 team

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Prohm’s been fading the program since he got there.