Zahid Valencia Suspended

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It’s gonna take some time for all the correct details to come out. Hodge trophy just got interesting

cyclonegrap

Sep 2, 2016
Wow. That's a pretty harsh punishment if it was just marijuana...maybe something else involved?

There is either more to the story or he has tested positive multiple times. Usually, the University handles the first and/or second positive tests internally. I think ASU has a 3 strikes and you are out policy on drug testing.

Crazyape22

Feb 22, 2019
ISU has the same 3 strikes you're out policy. They just don't announce it, that I am aware of but with it being done out of the country & the trials being involved, maybe they had to come clean?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I agree there is either more to the story or Willie and other are jumping to conclusions

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
For a sport that needs good publicity and wanting more fans this isn’t great news.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I assume it was a random drug test at the Italy event.

Right, wrong or otherwise, I don't understand why someone like Zahid would put himself in this position. Senior year and Olympic year and Hodge candidate, so much to lose.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I assume it was a random drug test at the Italy event.

Right, wrong or otherwise, I don't understand why someone like Zahid would put himself in this position. Senior year and Olympic year and Hodge candidate, so much to lose.
Did you ever see the feature they did on Ben Askren when he was wrestling at Misery? It was kind of a day in the life thing during his senior year. Not the NCAA one, but the one done by the Big 12. I don't know how anyone could watch that and not suspect that Askren was toking it up regularly. Sometimes guys are lucky or clever (or the school helps them) so they never get caught.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Did you ever see the feature they did on Ben Askren when he was wrestling at Misery? It was kind of a day in the life thing during his senior year. Not the NCAA one, but the one done by the Big 12. I don't know how anyone could watch that and not suspect that Askren was toking it up regularly. Sometimes guys are lucky or clever (or the school helps them) so they never get caught.

I did not. This doesn't sound like it was ASU that ran the test, so that maybe forced ASU's hand.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron