This is why Prohm must go........

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Returning/incoming talent last year is nowhere close to what we have returning/incoming next year. If he can get us to the tournament I'll be very impressed.
Agreed. Its probably going to take a stud grad transfer with solid leadership in order to make it there. Veteran leadership is one of the things the team this year is missing.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Yes, fans like me who put blood, sweat and tears into trying to boost the environment at Hilton Coliseum to try to make it a place for opposing teams to dread coming to play, but Steve has made sure it's just another gym (notice he's stopped begging students to show up to games on Twitter).
Death, taxes, CAC kids feeling very important
_5S3eP.gif

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Agreed. Its probably going to take a stud grad transfer with solid leadership in order to make it there. Veteran leadership is one of the things the team this year is missing.
We 100% have to nail a grad transfer next year like a Shayok. Honestly think we really need 2 home runs.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Agree, but the question is will Prohm nail the transfer market, or will he have to settle for a Jeff Beverly or Haans Brase type transfers.

His next good grad transfer will be his first. Would Bowie be his best one so far?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
His next good grad transfer will be his first. Would Bowie be his best one so far?
Exactly. I didn’t want to come out and say it since I got blasted before for suggesting Prohms track record with transfers isn’t great. The fact that having success next year now hinges on that is definitely concerning. Next years freshman could be a good class, but like Fran said on air, you can’t win with freshman. I’m also am not sold that Grill and Jackson make massive strides next year.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Exactly. I didn’t want to come out and say it since I got blasted before for suggesting Prohms track record with transfers isn’t great. The fact that having success next year now hinges on that is definitely concerning. Next years freshman could be a good class, but like Fran said on air, you can’t win with freshman. I’m also am not sold that Grill and Jackson make massive strides next year.

He's got to find at least 1 starter via transfer and hope that Johnson is legit. That would put us in the tourney convo next year but anything less will take some major strides by several players to be much better than this season.