This is why Prohm must go........

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm having a hard time understanding this weak straw man. Are you seriously arguing our program is in a good place? Excusing this train wreck of a season away because of a 3 game span last season? Will you still be posting this weak comeback when next year is a repeat of this season?

last year wasn’t a complete disaster. There was a really bad 2-3 week stretch. But you also have to awknowledge a solid non conference and a really gold stretch in the conference beating tech, Kansas State, and Mississippi on the road. And dominating Kansas at home.

I swear you act like we were the 10th seed in the tournsment.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
you apparently do. He said Iowa State was his dream job, yet he wanted to leave so bad that he took a job that had no chance to succeed.

so you are blatantly saying he was lying. That isn’t something people with good character do.

so you have to be saying he is a bad guy.

bold. Very bold.
I literally have no idea what you're talking about. I've never said anything even remotely close to what you are trying to put in my mouth.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I'm having a hard time understanding this weak straw man. Are you seriously arguing our program is in a good place? Excusing this train wreck of a season away because of a 3 game span last season? Will you still be posting this weak comeback when next year is a repeat of this season?

Jesus, the consensus is that he will be back next year and if it’s a failure, he will be gone.

you should probably not call out someone for making a straw man argument, and then immediately make a straw man argument

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
last year wasn’t a complete disaster. There was a really bad 2-3 week stretch. But you also have to awknowledge a solid non conference and a really gold stretch in the conference beating tech, Kansas State, and Mississippi on the road. And dominating Kansas at home.

Last year was a disappointment with the talent we had, and most posters on here acknowledged it at the time. Only now, when things are looking much worse for the program, are people trying to use it as evidence that Prohm doesn't suck.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Those schools also have coaches who have proven they can coach.

then make that argument and not some nonsensical ********. You say they were terrible last year yet say they shouldn’t suck this year because they were good last year.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Last year was a disappointment with the talent we had, and most posters on here acknowledged it at the time. Only now, when things are looking much worse for the program, are people trying to use it as evidence that Prohm doesn't suck.

the 2-3 week stretch was a disappointment. The rest of the season was good.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

What weak straw man. Last year, "most" of our fans were having a blast because 23 wins is more than a 3 game span. So, 11 months later, I can give the B of D. What happens next year....well is what happens next year. If you have already written it off, and want to spiral down into that pool of misery....have a nice trip.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
then make that argument and not some nonsensical ********. You say they were terrible last year yet say they shouldn’t suck this year because they were good last year.
I never said they were terrible. I think with the talent they had, they could've been a lot better than what they produced. That team easily could've won the Big 12 regular season title had there been better management. The talent was there, the coaching was not. Last year was good, but it could've been far better.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I literally have no idea what you're talking about. I've never said anything even remotely close to what you are trying to put in my mouth.

no, you said he had no chance in Chicago, and everyone knew it.

If it was such a bad job, and he was at his dream job, why would he take that one, when he could have gone to a better situation where he could win. Minnesota for example

I’m sure you’re one of the people that think he turned down golden state. so he turned down a job with a dynasty to go to Chicago where he couldn’t win because the franchise is so bad.

Why would he lie about loving Iowa State so much when he was so desperate to leave he went to the bulls?

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
What weak straw man. Last year, our players and "most" of our fans were having a blast. Eleven months later, I can give the B of D. And what happens next year....well is what happens next year. If you have already written it off, and want to spiral down into that pool of misery....have a nice trip.
Yes, I want our program to continue to fail because that's so fun to watch. Get a grip. You being defensive doesn't somehow make everyone else a bad fan.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017

Point out where I said it was a complete disaster? I said disappointing. It's hard to talk with someone like this when they want to misrepresent anything that they don't agree with.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

If it was such a bad job, and he was at his dream job, why would he take that one, when he could have gone to a better situation where he could win. Minnesota for example

I’m sure you’re one of the people that think he turned down golden state. so he turned down a job with a dynasty to go to Chicago where he couldn’t win because the franchise is so bad.

Why would he lie about loving Iowa State so much when he was so desperate to leave he went to the bulls?
He had a solid chance when he first took over the team. That was a pretty decent roster that ultimately ended up making the playoffs his first year, then the front office proceeded to trade anyone worth a damn.

And yes, he did turn down the interest from Golden State, and that's because it didn't feel like home to him or his wife. The only two teams he would've left Ames for were Minnesota or Chicago.

I'm not sure where you're getting this "he was so desperate to leave" idea (probably from Iowa fans). Even after he left, he was still a huge supporter of the program and the athletics department. He was (might still be) still a Directors Level Cyclone Club member, and made it to every football game before the Bulls season started.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
So this........

......means you haven't written off next season?
Next year looks like it will be another without making the tournament. Do you disagree? I will be pleasantly surprised if that's not the case. Good enough for you?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Next year looks like it will be another without making the tournament. Do you disagree? I will be pleasantly surprised if that's not the case. Good enough for you?
If we can go from what happened in 17-18 to what happened last year.....then yes, I think he can do it again. Good enough for you?

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

At the risk of getting in the middle of this stupid rehashed argument he said that he had no chance to win after ownership traded away all of the decent pieces after year 1. He also said that he got them to the playoffs in year 1.

As far a Minnesota goes, from what I know they wanted him badly before he signed his extension but when he finally was looking at leaving they had moved on.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
At the risk of getting in the middle of this stupid rehashed argument he said that he had no chance to win after ownership traded away all of the decent pieces after year 1. He also said that he got them to the playoffs in year 1.

As far a Minnesota goes, from what I know they wanted him badly before he signed his extension but when he finally was looking at leaving they had moved on.
Check that, got my years mixed up. Year one, Bulls missed the playoffs by two games back. The second year is when they made the playoffs and proceeded to empty the roster after the season.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Check that, got my years mixed up. Year one, Bulls missed the playoffs by two games back. The second year is when they made the playoffs and proceeded to empty the roster after the season.

a good coach should be able to deal with that though ;)

• Funny
Reactions: 82Clone4Life

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Last year obviously wasn’t a total failure, but solid non conference? Eh, not sure I agree with that. Disappointing 9-9 finish in conference? Yes. Big 12 tourney? exceeded expectations. NCAA tournament? failure.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron