next year freshman class point guards?

blood94

May 10, 2010
I love watching this years team play with the heart they play with but this team just does not have the point guard that we are used to - starting with stacy then both lindsays, even moody then what middleton gave them last year . next years freshman seems to be loaded with players that can play the point, will lexi start at the point right away and move maggie to off guard? or will the girl from ks ? it seems like bill finally got his dream class that he can use guards the way he wants to .

anyone else have comments. but i still have a funny feeling that this team is still going to the dance.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I love watching this years team play with the heart they play with but this team just does not have the point guard that we are used to - starting with stacy then both lindsays, even moody then what middleton gave them last year . next years freshman seems to be loaded with players that can play the point, will lexi start at the point right away and move maggie to off guard? or will the girl from ks ? it seems like bill finally got his dream class that he can use guards the way he wants to .

anyone else have comments. but i still have a funny feeling that this team is still going to the dance.
Cannot add much, but I agree with your comments. I think we may make the dance too. We certainly need the new point guards to be good and game ready. They sound promising, but they will be freshman. This team has some limitations, but what drives me crazy is some of the passes we attempt. Part of that is not having creators. We need somebody that can beat you off the bounce and kick to shooters.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Although this is Jade's last year, we do still have Rae for one more season. I assume Donarski and/or Ryan will be the primary point guards next season and I expect them to hit the ground running, but it'll be very nice to have Rae -- someone who does a great job of getting the most out of what she has -- around as a mentor and stable option at PG when needed.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
There’s a recent YouTube video of Aquinas playing nationally ranked Hopkins, with Lexi Donarski going head to head with the #1 ranked recruit in the country, Paige B. Hopkins won big, but Lexi had a nice game. I’ll be shocked if Donarski isn’t our starting PG from the second she steps on campus! It’s an exciting time to be a Cyclone women’s fan - find a post Bill so we can compete with Baylor!!!

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
I fully expect the starting PG to be a freshman next year. Likely Lexi, but the girl from the hinterlands of Kansas could surprise us like Haliburton did. I just hope the four returning starters all are healthy come November and stay that way through the season.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Excited to see this recruiting class play for Iowa State. What’s everyone’s prediction for the starting lineup next year?

Very intrigued by this roster and the options Bill is going to have.

Donarski, Espen Miller-McGraw, Rae, Joens, Scott, Wise, Emily Ryan, Kylie F, Aubrey Joens.

Is the Wake Forest transfer supposed to be a big contributor? (Lindsey Sarosinski)

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Jarosinski was used sparingly in her freshman season at Wake (played in 27 games, but averaged just 9 minutes, 1.4 points, 1.8 rebounds). All I've seen of her was the open-to-the-public practice before the start of the season, but I personally believe there is a lot of potential there. Lindsey seemed to know how to move her feet well and had a nice touch under the basket. Hopefully she's able to learn a lot this season and be a strong presence under the basket for 2020-21. I expect Kane to be utilized more as well since Nez won't be returning.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Jarosinski was used sparingly in her freshman season at Wake (played in 27 games, but averaged just 9 minutes, 1.4 points, 1.8 rebounds). All I've seen of her was the open-to-the-public practice before the start of the season, but I personally believe there is a lot of potential there. Lindsey seemed to know how to move her feet well and had a nice touch under the basket. Hopefully she's able to learn a lot this season and be a strong presence under the basket for 2020-21. I expect Kane to be utilized more as well since Nez won't be returning.

Should be interesting. If this J-ski gal and Kane can provide some real minutes at post it would allow some freedom of movement for Scott to play more power forwardish. Thinking in terms off not spelling her at post but more having her still in the game with the other posts. Granted that may run counter to Bill's hundred guards three-pointer offensive but we will see since Scott is good three point shooter.