Survivor: Winners at War

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
We went back and have watched Danni's season over the past week or so and she never really had to worry about being on the chopping block at all in Guatemala. I thought she might fly under the radar this season since she isn't as big of a name as some others in this game but she shot herself in the foot a few times by throwing names out to the wrong people and admitting to the old vs. new school in front of Ben.

My girl Denise has done well so far. At this point though she and Adam should consider teaming up with the old school players to vote out Ben sooner rather than later because him knowing about her idol is a liability.

Also, I loved seeing this on Twitter:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think they missed a HUGE opportunity to vote out one of the 2 biggest threats in the game right now in Rob or Parvarti. Rob is doing the same crap he always does which is be the "nice" bully and forcing people into uncomfortable situations so he has all the information and doesn't get blindsided. That move last night making everyone empty out their bags at tribal would have been the final straw for me. If that doesn't scream "I'm in control of this game" I don't know what does. He even has Adam referring to him as the Godfather. He and Parv were vulnerable last night and they were cowards by not voting 1 of them out and taking control of the game so those 2 don't weasel their way to the merge.

I don't blame them for voting Dani but I think she was an easy vote later down the line after she shot herself in the foot a few times already. She had the power to get on the right side of the numbers if she just committed to playing with the newer players and forget about the old school alliance. She was trying to play both sides and her indecisiveness cost her. Denise is developing some good relationships and I'm going to disagree with voting Ben out next. Yeah he should have shut up at tribal last night but he is trying to build some relationships this time such as Denise and if Denise and Adam were smart they take him with them to the merge and use him as a shield right now to keep the target off them. Everyone knows he's a good player but I think he's a guy you want on your alliance so he's the target and not you and you take him as far as needed to keep you in the game.

Have to say this fire token thing could get really interesting down the line. Could be some game changing moments coming with how it looks like that is going to play out.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I love watching Rob play but I keep thinking people are stupid for not trying to get him out. The longer he's in the game the more of a threat he is, especially with Amber on the Edge of Extinction. The episode last night was a perfect opportunity.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
If I was in the game I would team up with Rob and Parv. They are both huge targets and you could wait till the merge to get them out. I think that is what a lot of them are thinking.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I love watching Rob play but I keep thinking people are stupid for not trying to get him out. The longer he's in the game the more of a threat he is, especially with Amber on the Edge of Extinction. The episode last night was a perfect opportunity.

The issue that the tribe has though, which I feel you may be overlooking, is the challenges. Yes, Rob struggled in the last puzzle challenge, but overall he is a monster in challenges. He single handedly kept them in the second challenge by launching people over the obstacle. They need him to win challenges. Without him who is going to carry the team when they need a win? Ethan is totally overwhelmed, Ben is a total wildcard and who even knows with him, Adam can't carry a team. The only one potentially is Jeremy. They probably recognize they can't get rid of Rob right now. And if they get rid of Parv, that makes working with Rob almost impossible going forward.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I swear people get to the island and lose some brain cells. Even as past winners. Heading into the game the four biggest targets were Amber, Rob, Sandra, and probably Parvarti.

Sandra was smart getting Amber out. Keeping Rob and Parvarti safe after last night was just stupidity on that team's part. Rob would have been my #1 with a bullet to get out as soon as possible.

• Winner
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I swear people get to the island and lose some brain cells. Even as past winners. Heading into the game the four biggest targets were Amber, Rob, Sandra, and probably Parvarti.

Sandra was smart getting Amber out. Keeping Rob and Parvarti safe after last night was just stupidity on that team's part. Rob would have been my #1 with a bullet to get out as soon as possible.

BINGO! My target list from the start was Sandra who is the only 2 time winner, Rob who has been a part of more seasons than anyone in Survivor history, Amber because between her and Rob you have 2 wins combined already, and Parvarti who has played 3 previous seasons and like Rob has somewhat been part of the show even if she wasn't on it has she has hosted some of the "after hours" kind of specials in past seasons. I get the angle about needing Rob in challenges but the longer he stays in the game especially with Amber over on edge of extinction island who can send him advantages the harder it is going to be to vote him out. You already have seen it this early how controlling and manipulative he is where he makes sure all information goes through him so he isn't in the dark about votes. Hell even Probst has said over the years Rob and Parvarti are the best players to have played the game. He says right here before this season that Parvarti is the best single season winner ever:

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
This season could end up being epic. Even if Rob loses its very clear that he is the best at this game and even the players know it. I want the final three of Sandra, rob, and Parvati. I rate them the three best ever. Not my favorite three ever. Just my top three best players ever and as a fan of the game I want real players at the end.

saying that I do like Jeremy, Ben, and a few others. Not many I dislike this season so far.

Rob might be the best social player but the groups of newer winners are putting these older winners on a pedestal and it's kind of surprising how willing they are to just roll over. Last night the new school group had the numbers, and could've strengthened their numbers by recruiting Danni and taking Parvati out. They're showing zero brains and zero guts so far, playing right into Rob's hand.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
It's the third vote, second tribal for them. In a normal game, it's a really ******* stupid time to "make a big move." This is a different setup and I'm not sure getting to the merge with numbers will be much of an advantage. So it's not as stupid, but also not sure it's good gameplay.

For the new school players, they didn't need Danni to have the numbers. She was useless to them, so if Rob wants to vote out someone in his own alliance, why wouldn't they go along with it?

Rob isn't winning this game folks, he's not going to run this game like a godfather. But he makes for a great shield when you get to the merge. He'll be one of the first jury members.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It's the third vote, second tribal for them. In a normal game, it's a really ******* stupid time to "make a big move." This is a different setup and I'm not sure getting to the merge with numbers will be much of an advantage. So it's not as stupid, but also not sure it's good gameplay.

For the new school players, they didn't need Danni to have the numbers. She was useless to them, so if Rob wants to vote out someone in his own alliance, why wouldn't they go along with it?

Rob isn't winning this game folks, he's not going to run this game like a godfather. But he makes for a great shield when you get to the merge. He'll be one of the first jury members.

You make some good points but the 1 thing I can't wrap my mind around is all these people won at some point and probably have followed the game over the years and should know exactly how Rob plays. Yet to me he's doing the same thing he always has, he manipulates people in a way they don't even realize it's happening. The first episode where he got Ben to spill the beans about his name coming up was classic Rob. You have Adam already referring to him as the godfather. The tribal the other night where he made everyone empty their bags out and they all just played along like it was nothing. He's in the drivers seat of the game right now because he's able to keep all the information flowing through him. If I were playing against him I would want him gone before he gets the chance to collect some advantages and build an alliance that gets me voted out before he does. He's sneaky good as he's been in the final 3 two of the 4 times he's played and this is the 6th season he's directly been a part of now.

It's a different kind of season, typically I always say you have to keep on the right side of the numbers while keeping your tribe strong up until the merge then it's all about alliances and numbers going forward. This season I think you throw out the logic about keeping strength on your tribe until the merge and get out the biggest threats while they are the must vulnerable which is right now while there aren't as many hidden idols and advantages in play. Eventually people are going to catch on that advantages are coming from edge of extinction too and with Amber now there that means on any given day there is a chance Rob could get one and he currently has 2 fire tokens to use. Individual immunity is going to be a dog fight this season I bet so at some point you have to eliminate some people you don't want to go up against after the merge too. There are several people on this season capable of going on a winning streak of challenge wins I think. Here's something to think about for immunity stats:

Rob - was won 9 individual immunities overall (4 times in All-Stars, 4 times in Redemption Island, once in Heroes vs Villains)
Kim - won 4 in One World
Parvarti - won 4 (1 in Micronesia and 3 in Heroes vs Villains)

As much as I like Ben he's always a threat to find idols as is Tony and both have potential to be tough individual immunity threats too. I think smart players should be looking end game plans already because unlike other seasons everyone on this cast has navigated their way to the end previously and several have played the game more than once too. May not be as easy as saying "oh we can always eliminate them after the merge" this time.

Reactions: Cyclone06

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Based off of the original Edge of Extinction season, Natalie/Amber are the first member of the jury

• Informative

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I hate edge of extinction, but I've made my peace with it this season because I can understand why some of these folks wouldn't want to return just to get sent home two days in.

the fire tokens I'm still unsure of. I wish we knew exactly what the benefit of collecting these were. I also don't want practically everyone in the game having some sort of immunity or advantage. Like I don't mind Jeremy winning the game, but if he does it because Natalie gives him a bunch of advantages, that's less cool. What do you guys think?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Actually I should rephrase, I hate edge of extinction the way survivor does it. If it ends at the merge, I kinda like it. This bullshirt where a guy can win and only play a couple of weeks of actual survivor and spend the rest of the time schmoozing with the jury is too much.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Actually I should rephrase, I hate edge of extinction the way survivor does it. If it ends at the merge, I kinda like it. This bullshirt where a guy can win and only play a couple of weeks of actual survivor and spend the rest of the time schmoozing with the jury is too much.

I'd agree in theory. I'd split the difference and scale it back to a couple boots before where they did it last time.

However, you gotta admit Chris at least did his part best he could from coming back. He not only tricked Lauren into an idol (outwit), he also took away his own safety to take out the jury favorite in Devins (outplay/outlast).

I totally understand why they're doing edge this season. Jeff flat out said many of the winners wouldn't come back if there wasn't a possibility to get back in the game. They all have families and it's not worth their time to come out for 3 days and have to leave. I'll take it just to get this season.

• Agree

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Iconic moment we'll talk about in 5 years....Rob making everyone dump out their bags. As luck would have it, Denise and Adam are in the front off to the side so their stuff is more hidden.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'd agree in theory. I'd split the difference and scale it back to a couple boots before where they did it last time.

However, you gotta admit Chris at least did his part best he could from coming back. He not only tricked Lauren into an idol (outwit), he also took away his own safety to take out the jury favorite in Devins (outplay/outlast).

I totally understand why they're doing edge this season. Jeff flat out said many of the winners wouldn't come back if there wasn't a possibility to get back in the game. They all have families and it's not worth their time to come out for 3 days and have to leave. I'll take it just to get this season.

Agree, there is no way Chris wins that season without taking out Devins in the fire challenge. It was one of the biggest moves in the history of the game I think. I have no problem with extinction island for this season either because without that safety net you may not get half of this cast to play and that would be a shame because there are some great characters in this cast. I get the fear that if too many advantages get put into play because of it may ruin the game play but it will be interesting to see how they get played because the old school players are already finding out the pace of the game along with all the new twists are a different game than they played the last time.

• Agree
Reactions: Ryan4069

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Finishing up Heroes vs Villains. I will be surprised, yet not surprised at all if Parvati makes it to the end again this season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron