• No

Votes: 132 51.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 71 27.8%

• Total voters

Beerbrat

Aug 17, 2011
Minneapolis
Nope. Help others. Couple next to me sat their granddaughter on their laps and I had no problem at all. But I need to recline. Too bad others don’t consider my needs. Only worried that my recline interferes with their desires. They aren’t considering me at all. Look at your own comments. Truth is I have had a few operations in the last few years which have hindered my mobility enough that I need wheelchair assistance when I exit the plane because the distance walked is too great for me physically. I am at the point again where physically I can do it but it is challenging. Think about that and don’t be a prick.

"What about my needs?" Ok, Boomer

• Agree
Reactions: cyIclSoneU

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
You are very close to discovering the point that you've been arguing against.

LOL. Reclining today on my 4 hour plus International Flight later today. My purchased seat has that feature. And I won’t apologize for using it to alleviate back pain. Just admit you hate old people and don’t have any compassion. Respect for elders is a thing of the past. Look at the disparaging comments like “OK Boomer”.

Bet your parents and grandparents are proud of your attitude.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
She was barefoot. Luckily it didn’t stink. She eventually moved it after I called her out for it, but not without attitude first.
You should have started acting like you have a foot fetish. That probably would have got her to move it quickly.

• Funny
Reactions: JMA1125

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Is there a button on my chair? Does that button cause my seat to recline? The button is there for a reason, therefore, I am reclining.

*I don't actually recline. Usually I manage to somehow pass out sitting upright, or on my wife's shoulder if she's on the same flight as I am.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
LOL. Reclining today on my 4 hour plus International Flight later today. My purchased seat has that feature. And I won’t apologize for using it to alleviate back pain. Just admit you hate old people and don’t have any compassion. Respect for elders is a thing of the past. Look at the disparaging comments like “OK Boomer”.

OK, Boomer.

Your posts reflect what people hate about our generation. I wish you would just sit back & read them as if a 20-something wrote them. You'd be pissed as all get out at that person. You're constantly bleating about respect and compassion, and show none of it yourself.

I feel sorry for you. Despite your apparent unlimited wealth, you don't seem to be a very happy person.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Is there a button on my chair? Does that button cause my seat to recline? The button is there for a reason, therefore, I am reclining.

*I don't actually recline. Usually I manage to somehow pass out sitting upright, or on my wife's shoulder if she's on the same flight as I am.
I let some random guy sleep on my shoulder the last time flying back from Vegas. It looked like he hadnt slept in 3 days so didnt want to wake him up.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008

4 spaces after a period is something I've never seen before. Even for people who grew up learning on a typewriter.

Here are two lines I thought were funny from your post:

...I won’t apologize for using it...

Respect for elders is a thing of the past.

You want me to allow you to put your seat into my knees...then you want me to respect you because you're a boomer? That is the most boomer boomerism in the history of boomers who use boomer boomerisms.

• Funny
Reactions: Macloney and GoCats

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
4 spaces after a period is something I've never seen before. Even for people who grew up learning on a typewriter.

Here are two lines I thought were funny from your post:

...I won’t apologize for using it...

Respect for elders is a thing of the past.

You want me to allow you to put your seat into my knees...then you want me to respect you because you're a boomer? That is the most boomer boomerism in the history of boomers who use boomer boomerisms.

ME. ME. ME. Millennials. Known for their selfishness. Disrespect elders. Glad my Children learned respect and consideration for those older. You sound like the prick that doesn’t offer a seat for an older person. Texting and self absorbed. Probably kick your grandparents out of a chair so you can sit.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
ME. ME. ME. Millennials. Known for their selfishness. Disrespect elders. Glad my Children learned respect and consideration for those older. You sound like the prick that doesn’t offer a seat for an older person. Texting and self absorbed. Probably kick your grandparents out of a chair so you can sit.
Always. Grandma knows her spot is on the floor.

Your last post was about how YOU were going to recline YOUR seat with no consideration for the person behind YOU. Surely you see the hypocrisy? I've learned respect is earned. I earn people's respect through my actions...like assisting elderly folks, treating them with dignity, and how I wish to be treated. I'm not going to bow down and kiss your loafers just because you were born into a generation that sent this country into a debt tailspin.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Always. Grandma knows her spot is on the floor.

Your last post was about how YOU were going to recline YOUR seat with no consideration for the person behind YOU. Surely you see the hypocrisy? I've learned respect is earned. I earn people's respect through my actions...like assisting elderly folks, treating them with dignity, and how I wish to be treated. I'm not going to bow down and kiss your loafers just because you were born into a generation that sent this country into a debt tailspin.

I am an elderly person. Have had several operations in the last couple years. So NO. You don’t treat the elderly with respect. You are only concerned about YOURSELF. Typical selfish Millenial. Wanting me to suffer and not recline a bit to alleviate back pain. So you irritate and aggravate an old person in front of you because they recline? WHY would you assume the person in front of you does not need to recline? Old people need to do that. But you fail to even consider that and express your displeasure to accommodate a physically challenged person. Sound like a helluva guy. Your parents must be so proud.

The People responsible for the spiraling national debt are the REPUBLICANS. Since I didn’t vote for those pricks then I am not responsible. If you voted Republican then blame your own miserable self.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I am an elderly person. Have had several operations in the last couple years. So NO. You don’t treat the elderly with respect. You are only concerned about YOURSELF. Typical selfish Millenial. Wanting me to suffer and not recline a bit to alleviate back pain. So you irritate and aggravate an old person in front of you because they recline? Sound like a helluva guy.

The People responsible for the spiraling national debt are the REPUBLICANS. Since I didn’t vote for those pricks then I am not responsible. If you voted Republican then blame your own miserable self.
Stormin, maybe it's time to take a break for the day. You're not just casting stones right now, you're full on chucking those stones. You're really worked up and maybe you oughtta just take a couple of deep breaths and calm down.

And for God's sake, two spaces MAX after a period.

• Friendly
Reactions: Macloney

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
22te8q.gif

Reactions: Doc

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Stormin, maybe it's time to take a break for the day. You're not just casting stones right now, you're full on chucking those stones. You're really worked up and maybe you oughtta just take a couple of deep breaths and calm down.

And for God's sake, two spaces MAX after a period.

LOL.

Here are some extra spaces.

Just for you.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Reclining adds comfort. Featured component advertised for my seat class. WHY should I not be allowed that option? I paid for it.

WHY don’t the people behind me accept my right recline. And give me the benefit of the doubt. I should not have to explain my reasons for recline. Good grief. What if I ask and explain my reasons and the person behind says no. WHAT do I do then? Am I a prick for wanting to spare myself misery? Or is the other guy a prick because he doesn’t wish to spare me misery in thinking of himself. Perhaps the person behind me I am doing it because I need to do it. Plus I have the right.

If you pay for a subway ticket and are sitting, you are allowed to stay sitting while some old lady gets on and has to stand because the seats are full. That doesn't mean a more considerate option doesn't exist.

Pretty much everyone on here is saying you have the right to do it, but it is considerate to A) minimize the level of recline if you can, B) recline slowly and/or give the person behind you a heads up if you need to recline all the way. It never hurts to at least pretend to give a rats ass about your fellow travelers.

Hell, if some disgusting slob that hasn't showered for three days or brushed his teeth gets on board next to you and pulls out a stank ass McDonald's quarter pounder with extra onions, isn't that a little inconsiderate?

The point is there's a lot of real estate between what you have the right to do and being a traveler that shows modest consideration for other travelers. If you have a condition, you need to recline, and pretty much everybody will understand that. But instead you just start off with saying it's your space, you're using it all, you're not saying anything to the person behind you, and people suggesting you do otherwise are pricks.

Reactions: GoCats

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron