• No

Votes: 132 51.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 71 27.8%

• Total voters

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
She was barefoot. Luckily it didn’t stink. She eventually moved it after I called her out for it, but not without attitude first.

I'm glad you/she put your/her foot down on this issue!! I will show myself to the door now.

source.gif

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I am glad I am always in at least premium economy for American so I never have to deal with these issues facing all the cattle in the back of the airliner.

Reactions: cycloneworld

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Because I need it for my physical health. If you need area to work on a flight then purchase a seat that allows you to work regardless of those around you. Good grief. So I am supposed to sacrifice my personal health because your employer is too freaking cheap to purchase adequate work space. It is freaking tax deductible. You need it for work. Your employer sucks.

And yes. I try to sleep and relax. I pay for a seat that works for me. You should do the same. Why purchase a seat that doesn’t work for you? Unless you are freaking cheap ass.

And I am traveling to international vacation destinations. Do your work at home. Not on Vacation.

Wait - are you saying you cannot fly without reclining your seat? Maybe you shouldn't fly.

But seriously, this discussion (to me) is more about how people behind you perceive you when you recline your seat. And 50%+ of people think you are an ******* if you recline your seat. Doesn't mean you CAN'T recline. But people will think less of you if you do. And I'm one of those, especially considering how inflexible and defensive you are about it. We all get it, you don't give a **** about the person behind you. And, for now, recline away. But I'm going to think you are an ******* for doing so.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
People who turn their reading lamps on for redeyes will have a special place in hell.

Hey, just get a mask :). I feel like that's an easier solution than some things on planes. Geniuses have a tendency to be night owls.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I am glad I am always in at least premium economy for American so I never have to deal with these issues facing all the cattle in the back of the airliner.

Same here (now) but its more about the principle - because I've spent A LOT of time back in economy.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Wait - are you saying you cannot fly without reclining your seat? Maybe you shouldn't fly.

But seriously, this discussion (to me) is more about how people behind you perceive you when you recline your seat. And 50%+ of people think you are an ******* if you recline your seat. Doesn't mean you CAN'T recline. But people will think less of you if you do. And I'm one of those, especially considering how inflexible and defensive you are about it. We all get it, you don't give a **** about the person behind you. And, for now, recline away. But I'm going to think you are an ******* for doing so.

Reclining adds comfort. Featured component advertised for my seat class. WHY should I not be allowed that option? I paid for it.

WHY don’t the people behind me accept my right recline. And give me the benefit of the doubt. I should not have to explain my reasons for recline. Good grief. What if I ask and explain my reasons and the person behind says no. WHAT do I do then? Am I a prick for wanting to spare myself misery? Or is the other guy a prick because he doesn’t wish to spare me misery in thinking of himself. Perhaps the person behind me I am doing it because I need to do it. Plus I have the right.

Last edited:

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Reclining adds comfort. Featured component advertised for my seat class. WHY should I not be allowed that option? I paid for it.

WHY don’t the people behind me accept my right recline. And give me the benefit of the doubt. I should not have to explain my reasons for recline. Good grief. What if I ask and explain my reasons and the person behind says no. WHAT do I do then? Am I a prick for wanting to spare myself misery? Or is the other guy a prick because he doesn’t wish to spare me misery in thinking of himself. Perhaps the person behind me I am doing it because I need to do it. Plus I have the right.
I’m picking up this vibe that you’re the type of person who stands at the desk and yells at the gate agent when your flight is delayed due to weather.

• Agree
Reactions: STATE12

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I’m picking up this vibe that you’re the type of person who stands at the desk and yells at the gate agent when your flight is delayed due to weather.

Nope. Help others. Couple next to me sat their granddaughter on their laps and I had no problem at all. But I need to recline. Too bad others don’t consider my needs. Only worried that my recline interferes with their desires. They aren’t considering me at all. Look at your own comments. Truth is I have had a few operations in the last few years which have hindered my mobility enough that I need wheelchair assistance when I exit the plane because the distance walked is too great for me physically. I am at the point again where physically I can do it but it is challenging. Think about that and don’t be a prick.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hey, just get a mask :). I feel like that's an easier solution than some things on planes. Geniuses have a tendency to be night owls.
You mean like a Batman mask? Pretend you are a superhero? People probably would leave you alone.