****Official Class of 2021 Recruiting Thread****

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
What is the appeal to going to Gonzaga besides Few?

I know a guy that used to play for the Zags before Few got there. He has always had a lot of good things to say about his time there.

They also have 9 players in the NBA now. It's not an exceptional amount given their recent success, but it's not bad given their conference affiliation

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
All true, and thank you all for those.

I just think of the downsides --

-- crappy conference, minimal TV exposure
-- your season really comes down to a handful of games early
-- Spokane cannot be a "destination"
-- I cannot imagine their facilities are that fetching

It’s also somewhat “out of the spotlight” compared to normal 5 star destinations like UK, Duke, NC, etc. seems like more kids are valuing that.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Prohm was in Omaha last night watching five star prospect Hunter Sallis play. Not.sure if we have a **** at him, but ISU is recruiting him hard.

Millard North was playing Lincoln North Star who Nebraska decommit Donovan Williams (2020) plays for. I don't know if we will jump in but he's garnered interest from Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Kansas recently.

https://247sports.com/player/donovan-williams-46047468/

Sallis will be a blue chip recruit. Not sure we're gonna be able to hang with some of the offers he has coming.

https://247sports.com/Player/Hunter-Sallis-46057844/

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Couple of nuggets with ISU ties in Rivals 3 pt play today. (Prohm met with Brown on Tuesday after he was in attendance for the ISU/KU game)

"Most of the talk surrounding Kendall Brown regarding his college landing spot has revolved around Kansas and Marquette. He took another unofficial visit to KU for its game against Iowa State on Monday, but will head to Ohio State for an official visit. The Buckeyes have done a great job of getting the best younger talent onto its campus in recent months, thus why it already sits with two 2021 commitments.

Deebo Coleman has been a consistent visitor to Florida within the past year, and just two weeks ago, was on campus at Florida State. However, he will begin his official visit trek this weekend whenever he heads to Wake Forest. Official visit dates to Alabama, Iowa State and Oklahoma State are in the works, too. He will visit Georgia Tech next weekend."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...an-on-fire-latest-on-visits-impending-commits

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
so? has he shown value landing impact players for isu out of that area?

some of ISU's most successful players of the last 5 seasons have come out of area's they've had historical success with. Why is the staff not targeting those areas?
We had a recruit from Florida this year, but was run off before season started! Probably could have got minutes as poor as this team plays!

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
If you ever went to a game at Hilton when Johnny was the coach, you are that old.

I was there the night Grayer and Thompson s were on visits. Johnny stopped by where we were sitting with a bunch of other students and told us they were coming and to make noise as we really needed these guys. We got to go up and talk with them at half...yes I am that old!

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I was there the night Grayer and Thompson s were on visits. Johnny stopped by where we were sitting with a bunch of other students and told us they were coming and to make noise as we really needed these guys. We got to go up and talk with them at half...yes I am that old!

some amazing moments with Johnny. All the Kansas games, Iowa in 87, Missouri in 89 where the term Hilton Magic was coined (my personal favorite in that stretch was the Kansas game lost by 45 there and Bowen Born’s dad led us to a win).

amazing on the other end of the spectrum too. Losing to Creighton with big Vic. Breaking Colorado’s 100 year road losing streak. Steve ******* Henson scoring 18 points in the last 4 minutes to steal one from us.

he’s the coach at utsa now, I mentioned where I graduated from to him at a roadrunner event. He still mentions that game every single time I see him.

Reactions: heitclone