The Insider Information Weekly Mailbag - Questions Submission

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Regular toilet paper or these wet wipe things? It's been discussed that its not advised to flush those wet wipes (even though they say you can), that they will clog up your drain pipes over time. So what do people do with them? Throw them in their garbage? This seems to be one of the grossest things ever thought of.

Besides, I would think you would need to use regular toilet paper afterwards or you will basically give yourself the beginnings of swamp a$$

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Regular toilet paper or these wet wipe things? It's been discussed that its not advised to flush those wet wipes (even though they say you can), that they will clog up your drain pipes over time. So what do people do with them? Throw them in their garbage? This seems to be one of the grossest things ever thought of.

Besides, I would think you would need to use regular toilet paper afterwards or you will basically give yourself the beginnings of swamp a$$
Despite repeated requests to our kids to dispose of wipes WITH the diapers, someone failed to understand the severity of the issue. $500 later the pros pulled 3 wipes from the pipes that had caused the entire damn septic to back up to the basement. We were NOT happy campers.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I would think for a really messy situation you could go TP to knock down the nastiest of it, clean up with the wet wipes and then finish with a drying swipe of TP. Gotta get a garbage can with a lid, though.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
So I'm looking for stuff to do on our upcoming trip to Mexico. I see that there are Mayan ruins just north of our resort. The reviews basically say that this is how you get there.

Climb over the jagged rocks at the north end of the resort's beach, walk along the sargassum-filled inlet into the secluded private development of recently built mansions, and you'll find the well-preserved ruins.Does this seem like a good thing to do with my kids?

Reactions: GTO

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I was just on a webinar with our gigantic, worldwide software vendor, and they were displaying a fake test account with the name "Chesty Larue." (I know it's a Simpsons reference, but still about boobs.) At my old job, an associate of mine had snuck "Michael (Mike) Hunt" into sales demos for at least four years.

What is the most inappropriate name (fictitious or real) you have ever seen used, or used yourself, in a work environment?

Reactions: GTO

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was just on a webinar with our gigantic, worldwide software vendor, and they were displaying a fake test account with the name "Chesty Larue." (I know it's a Simpsons reference, but still about boobs.) At my old job, an associate of mine had snuck "Michael (Mike) Hunt" into sales demos for at least four years.

What is the most inappropriate name (fictitious or real) you have ever seen used, or used yourself, in a work environment?
True story:
I once had a client named Hunt. I called him about an issue and absentmindedly asked the switchboard for him:
"Can I please speak to Mike Hunt?"
--"Who?"
"Mike Hunt"
--"There's nobody by that name here."
"This is ABC Corp, right?"
--"Yes"
"Sales Manager, Mike Hunt"
--<Silence>
<Looks at paperwork and blushes> "Sorry, Matt Hunt"

I'm sure she thought I did it on purpose.

At another job we had a guy named Harry Johnson who was one of the few clients we would give a two way radio for his event. I had a buddy who would call him all of the time on the radio just to say Harry Johnson. He was in bliss when Harry didn't answer and he could say things like, "Has anyone seen Harry Johnson?" He went on like this every way imaginable for about 5 minutes until our boss got a hold of him.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
True story:
I once had a client named Hunt. I called him about an issue and absentmindedly asked the switchboard for him:
"Can I please speak to Mike Hunt?"
--"Who?"
"Mike Hunt"
--"There's nobody by that name here."
"This is ABC Corp, right?"
--"Yes"
"Sales Manager, Mike Hunt"
--<Silence>
<Looks at paperwork and blushes> "Sorry, Matt Hunt"

I'm sure she thought I did it on purpose.

At another job we had a guy named Harry Johnson who was one of the few clients we would give a two way radio for his event. I had a buddy who would call him all of the time on the radio just to say Harry Johnson. He was in bliss when Harry didn't answer and he could say things like, "Has anyone seen Harry Johnson?" He went on like this every way imaginable for about 5 minutes until our boss got a hold of him.

Oh my gosh, did you lose the sale? Because THAT IS AMAZING.

And "Harry Johnson" is somehow worse than all of the others. I love the pair on your friend.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Oh my gosh, did you lose the sale? Because THAT IS AMAZING.

And "Harry Johnson" is somehow worse than all of the others. I love the pair on your friend.
I'm not sure she ever told him. But we kept the business.

My buddy just didn't care. Harry was old and either didn't get the joke or had heard them all so many times he didn't care either.

• Winner
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm not sure she ever told him. But we kept the business.

My buddy just didn't care. Harry was old and either didn't get the joke or had heard them all so many times he didn't care either.

We have a friend who has two euphemisms for a penis as his first/last name combo, and he just doubles down on it and makes the joke first. I'm sure you just meet it head-on at a certain point.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I saw this on the Internet recently about social media --

4chan = smart people acting like idiots
Reddit = idiots acting like smart people
Facebook = idiots acting like idiots
Instagram = idiots acting like celebrities
Twitter = celebrities acting like idiots