***Official Insider Information Weekly Mailbag 02-19-2020***

Thoughts on This Week's Mailbag

• Total voters

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Tetris championships not on the list is laughable.

But that's good. Now that this article is out there, there are going to be dudes showing up to the post office in droves, guys showing up to animal adoption centers, even desperate guys going to art museums, while you're at the Tetris championships where there's tons of women, and your only competition is guys with Asperger's who go by monikers like Snyperlyfe

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Don't mention the CO poisoning to my wife. We'll have to pack a CO monitor for our trip to Mexico. Probably two in case the first one goes bad.

Well, I've been with someone who wouldn't even go to Mexico. Paid the premium to go to to Hawaii.

Reactions: GTO and Angie

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
@cyrocksmypants

I was at that game against UVA in Chicago.

UVA had solved our offense. Their defense was just that good.

The only way we could score was clearing out the middle (and we had plenty of shooters where they had to stay pressed to them on the line), giving Georges the ball at the top of the three-point line, and let him beat somebody one-on-one.

We started scoring like that. We were in just too big of a hole to come back like that, though, especially because that kind of limited us to twos when we needed threes. UVA was not leaving their man -- they were giving us everything else but absolutely respecting our three-point shooting, ditching their traditional pack-line in order to shut down our shooters, and it worked very well for them. They deserve the credit for that.

Georges could score on anybody, but Brogdon slowed him down just enough.

Prohm's response was a good chess move, if vulgar to degrade our offense into an extreme type of isolation set like that, but it was too little too late.
Yeah, it just took us too long to figure it out. If we had five more minutes in that game I think we win.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Yeah, it just took us too long to figure it out. If we had five more minutes in that game I think we win.

The closest we had it in the second half was 7.

The closest we had it in the last 5:00 was 10.

Going to the Georges iso enabled us to keep it even, but not to catch up.

We needed to come out of the gate stronger.

upload_2020-2-19_16-24-35.png

That game was over after 10 minutes in some senses.

UVA is a constrictor -- once they get any advantage on you, they just squeeze and squeeze and squeeze the life out of you until you are dead.

We gave them that advantage early. :(

Going five-out with Georges running point would have been pretty bold from the opening tip, though, especially when our ball movement offense had been so good that year. Oh well, had a good run, but we ran into a brick wall in a #1 seed.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Heaven's Gate is a very solid choice there, @GTO.

Their leader Do, the alien embodiment of Jesus Christ on Earth (sometimes known by the name given to his vehicle, Marshall Applewhite), has to be on the Mt. Rushmore of all-time crazy looking cult leaders, too. Seriously, look at him --

Marshall_Applewhite.jpg
Why not buy the action figure?
s-l400.jpg

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Well, I've been with someone who wouldn't even go to Mexico. Paid the premium to go to to Hawaii.
Some people get a bit hysterical about that stuff. Mexico is roughly the size of the Midwest (from Ohio to Nebraska and from Missouri to Minnesota). Not travelling to Mexico due to safety is like saying I'm not going to Iowa because the south side of Chicago and inner city Detroit aren't safe.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron