Thoughts on This Week's Mailbag

• Total voters

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
No wonder he likes hanging with Tom Cruise.

b009cc4d3fed8f4e56a7d06231d58871.png

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Dude, did none of you hear about the family that traveled to Mexico and got CO poisoned?

https://6abc.com/4797381/

@GTO - my kids are also ALL ******* IN on talking about dumps, so I feel like they'd have a lot in common. Let's make this happen.

I guess I thought people die of CO poisoning, like every day. You can't just bring various poison detectors everywhere. That's not a life.

Reactions: GTO and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I guess I thought people die of CO poisoning, like every day. You can't just bring various poison detectors everywhere. That's not a life.

I don't actually advocate for the packing of a personal CO monitor - that'd be weird.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
  • Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: GTO and jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Dude, did none of you hear about the family that traveled to Mexico and got CO poisoned?

https://6abc.com/4797381/

@GTO - my kids are also ALL ******* IN on talking about dumps, so I feel like they'd have a lot in common. Let's make this happen.
We do know about the CO poisoning in Mexico but who goes to Mexico and rents a condo when you can go to an all-inclusive resort and get all the food, drink, and non-motorized water sports that you want for about the same price. Bonus, there's less carbon monoxide and they are probably owned by the cartels so they're not trying to expand into new territory.

• Winner
Reactions: Angie

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Don't mention the CO poisoning to my wife. We'll have to pack a CO monitor for our trip to Mexico. Probably two in case the first one goes bad.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
@cyrocksmypants

I was at that game against UVA in Chicago.

UVA had solved our offense. Their defense was just that good.

The only way we could score was clearing out the middle (and we had plenty of shooters where they had to stay pressed to them on the line), giving Georges the ball at the top of the three-point line, and let him beat somebody one-on-one.

We started scoring like that. We were in just too big of a hole to come back like that, though, especially because that kind of limited us to twos when we needed threes. UVA was not leaving their man -- they were giving us everything else but absolutely respecting our three-point shooting, ditching their traditional pack-line in order to shut down our shooters, and it worked very well for them. They deserve the credit for that.

Georges could score on anybody, but Brogdon slowed him down just enough.

Prohm's response was a good chess move, if vulgar to degrade our offense into an extreme type of isolation set like that, but it was too little too late.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron