Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We have a pretty good idea....2-3 of the 13 spots might change but a majority of it is set.

Huh?? We have a transfer that hasn't played, 4 recruits that will be coming in and an open scholarship if Hali leaves. That there is 6 new players that we didn't have this year. That is a big chunk of a new roster. 2-3? Once again you show your ignorance and plain stupidity.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Just for fun, Iowa State is #74 on Bart Torvik right now.

Adjusted offense is 110.1 and adjusted defense is 99.5. That is good for +10.6 net per 100. But we need to adjust Haliburton out of that, don't we?

Haliburton is +5.8 PRPG! per 72 possessions.

I am going to say his playing time mostly goes to Prentiss Nixon, which is +1.3, so the team loses +4.5 PRPG! per 72 in the downgrade like that.

4.5 * (100/72) = 6.3

10.6 - 6.3 = +4.3

That puts you more like #120 to #125 in the country instead of closer to #75.

Here are the rankings for maybe the two quintessential mid-major conferences, those being the Missouri Valley Conference and the American.

upload_2020-2-18_17-52-14.png

ISU without Tyrese probably finishes about #4 or #5 in the Valley.

upload_2020-2-18_17-52-51.png

We are probably fighting USF, UCF, and Temple for whatever spots those are at the bottom of the American, but we are at least better than Tulane and ECU.

Reactions: HawkJRP

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You better hope nobody searches "Garza" and your username on this site. Your past posts about him and then this post would make for some big time laughs.
Do you keep your bullets in your pocket or in your gun?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Go ahead everyone and search Garza BCClone. I want @HawkJRP to tell you where I said Garza stunk or didn't improve this year. I did the search and it listed very few comments this year.

Just put a couple things together and noticed why PB&J is so defensive about hawkeye basketball. He must be one of Jeff Horner's love posse. Old Buddy said he is about 37 or so, so that puts him around Horners age. Probably had a big crush on him in HS and is still hoping he notices him by defending the hawks so much.

• Funny

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Go ahead everyone and search Garza BCClone. I want @HawkJRP to tell you where I said Garza stunk or didn't improve this year. I did the search and it listed very few comments this year.

Just put a couple things together and noticed why PB&J is so defensive about hawkeye basketball. He must be one of Jeff Horner's love posse. Old Buddy said he is about 37 or so, so that puts him around Horners age. Probably had a big crush on him in HS and is still hoping he notices him by defending the hawks so much.

Buddy said he is from Mason City...

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Huh?? We have a transfer that hasn't played, 4 recruits that will be coming in and an open scholarship if Hali leaves. That there is 6 new players that we didn't have this year. That is a big chunk of a new roster. 2-3? Once again you show your ignorance and plain stupidity.

Yeah, those guys are pretty much set to be on the roster next season.

2-3 spots might change to attrition, transfers coming in or a recruit not showing up.

Do you understand now?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
This ISU team need a hell of a lot more than hole fillers in your lineup to be much better next year.

We do bring in a top 20ish recruiting class. I would try to explain to you how big of an impact that could make, but you couldn’t probably picture it because of you know....Fran recruiting.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
giphy.gif
Sir, your usage here could go on the Mt Rushmore of TWSS. Bravo.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah, those guys are pretty much set to be on the roster next season.

2-3 spots might change to attrition, transfers coming in or a recruit not showing up.

Do you understand now?
Always understand more than you Mr. Horner. Or are you a Skogen? I know they married into the Horners.

• Funny