Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
Need some input/advice from the sages of RTT: is an hour drive too far to expect people to go between the wedding ceremony and the reception? The church we are getting married in doesn't have much for reception venues nearby other than the fairgrounds and my fiancée's friend works for a really nice place that seems to check most of the boxes we're looking for in a venue. Only catch is that it's an hour away.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Need some input/advice from the sages of RTT: is an hour drive too far to expect people to go between the wedding ceremony and the reception? The church we are getting married in doesn't have much for reception venues nearby other than the fairgrounds and my fiancée's friend works for a really nice place that seems to check most of the boxes we're looking for in a venue. Only catch is that it's an hour away.

It's probably a longer than usual distance, but are there hotels and other things nearby? If people can stay near the reception or area it helps. I have seen quite a few 30 minute ones and that wasn't that off. It was close to the limit since there are many places in this area to hold those.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
It's probably a longer than usual distance, but are there hotels and other things nearby? If people can stay near the reception or area it helps. I have seen quite a few 30 minute ones and that wasn't that off. It was close to the limit since there are many places in this area to hold those.
The ceremony will be in Jefferson and the reception is tentatively in Nevada. So it would be an easy drive across Highway 30 and Ames would be right there for hotels. That's definitely a big plus that I think would make up for the drive a little bit.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The ceremony will be in Jefferson and the reception is tentatively in Nevada. So it would be an easy drive across Highway 30 and Ames would be right there for hotels. That's definitely a big plus that I think would make up for the drive a little bit.

Can you schedule the wedding so that people can go to the wedding and then check in between the ceremony and reception (maybe do a quick change if they want to) while they pass by?

EDIT: Also, if you tell the RTT crew when and where, we will show up at the reception for free food.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Can you schedule the wedding so that people can go to the wedding and then check in between the ceremony and reception (maybe do a quick change if they want to) while they pass by?

EDIT: Also, if you tell the RTT crew when and where, we will show up at the reception for free food.
I was going to say we'd show up for free.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
See if @VeloClone still has his Iowa state Center keys. May be able to use Hilton, C.Y. or Scheman for a couple hours pretty cheap. Just get them in and out fast.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
An hour is too long but I’m grumpy and selfish and hate true love

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Youngest Kid sits around the house with head phones on. Always goes "huh?" whenever we say anything to him. After the second huh, I found myself raising my voice to get through the headphones and then he gets upset and says not to yell because he apparently turned off his headphones the third time I said it.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
So Friday night I came home from work and literally went right to bed. Woke up about 3am with a 102 temp. Have pretty much been in bed ever since. This flu is terrible.

I had DVR’d Saturday’s game and watched it this afternoon. Did anyone else notice the announcer referring to Lazard as Niang? My gosh.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

That's pretty doable but don't be the wedding party that takes a bus out barhopping after the service and don't make it to the reception for 90+minutes.

Piggybacking on BC's suggestion is that where the hotels are?

• Agree
Reactions: BuffettClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That's pretty doable but don't be the wedding party that takes a bus out barhopping after the service and don't make it to the reception for 90+minutes.

Piggybacking on BC's suggestion is that where the hotels are?

My second cousin did this. Both were so drunk that they could barely move and one ended up in the ER to pump their stomach. The wife's brother and his wife had the steal the bride/groom also and I basically sat and drank a diet dew with another usher as we thought the whole thing was dumb. But they still think they are in HS over twenty years later so it is fitting.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When you don't look at alerts, it does make it tough to know if someone responded to you. Especially in the ISR because they will pound out five pages an hour there. I wanted to see if the counter quit at a point. Im up to 904 now and think I'm going to clear her once I see a grand. The hawk trolls can pop that number up quickly, Twins must get a hundred or more a day.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
When you don't look at alerts, it does make it tough to know if someone responded to you. Especially in the ISR because they will pound out five pages an hour there. I wanted to see if the counter quit at a point. Im up to 904 now and think I'm going to clear her once I see a grand. The hawk trolls can pop that number up quickly, Twins must get a hundred or more a day.

I've basically dropped out ISR I can't take the beating I just pop into the last page of the thread read maybe give a like or something and leave. It's just a beating that I don't care about. The Hawks are pretty good this yr we're not I know that I don't need some freaking hawk troll to beat it over my head 24/7. Keep up the good fight BC,KC and any other RTTer's keeping CF safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.