The Fran fade

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
That Minney win was pure guts. Tons of heart to keep getting tough wins, especially on the road in the toughest conference in the country, with so many injuries. Love this team.
Not to take away anything from any of the other kids or the coaches but I think Luka Garza has rubbed off on the rest of this team. He's as tough as nails.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Could be, or we could be best friends. That is the thing you just don't know. I'd image that most that post here are just ordinary dudes and we would all get along just fine at an Iowa vs ISU tailgate. Actually we would probably all think that ones who couldn't get along were the obsessed douches, or at least I know I would.
What we do know though is you're a pathetic hawkeye fan on your rivals fan page site under an anonymous name looking for gratification to stroke the ego of you and your favored team. The little bro status has never been larger on you.

• Winner
Reactions: GT25Ump

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
That Minney win was pure guts. Tons of heart to keep getting tough wins, especially on the road in the toughest conference in the country, with so many injuries. Love this team.
Toughest conference in the country lol?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Toughest conference in the country lol?

Yeah I hear this at work a lot too. It's ridiculous - Iowa is a good team, not great, but reliable. They are tied for 3rd in the league with Rutgers. Rutgers!

And yet it's plausible too, given the state of college bball this year. The Big12 is 2 elite teams, two good teams, and a bunch of garbage. The ACC is down. The SEC is looking forward to the CFP already. And the Pac-12 has retired to spend more time with family. So I think one could make the argument that the B1G is the best of a bad bunch. Just don't tell me it's some kind of stockpile of amazement, because it's not.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yeah I hear this at work a lot too. It's ridiculous - Iowa is a good team, not great, but reliable. They are tied for 3rd in the league with Rutgers. Rutgers!

And yet it's plausible too, given the state of college bball this year. The Big12 is 2 elite teams, two good teams, and a bunch of garbage. The ACC is down. The SEC is looking forward to the CFP already. And the Pac-12 has retired to spend more time with family. So I think one could make the argument that the B1G is the best of a bad bunch. Just don't tell me it's some kind of stockpile of amazement, because it's not.

I could be wrong but isn't KenPom the gold standard for MBB? B1G has 3 in the top 10, 5 in the top 15, 9 in the top 30 and 11 in the top 32. No other conference is anywhere close.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I could be wrong but isn't KenPom the gold standard for MBB? B1G has 3 in the top 10, 5 in the top 15, 9 in the top 30 and 11 in the top 32. No other conference is anywhere close.

Big 12 has 3 in the top 7. Big 10 has zero

• Winner
Reactions: irish

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019

Rutgers is pretty good this year, much better than ISU, if you havent paid attention.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Isn't this the opposite of the argument everybody was making for the conferences during football season?

In football the Big 12 had two good teams and then a bunch of mediocre. In MBB nearly one-third of the top-30 are from the B1G. I underdtand it can sting but to try saying it's not the toughest conference is just silly. I have no problem admitting the Big 12's top 2 are better than the B1G's top 2.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
In football the Big 12 had two good teams and then a bunch of mediocre. In MBB nearly one-third of the top-30 are from the B1G. I underdtand it can sting but to try saying it's not the toughest conference is just silly. I have no problem admitting the Big 12's top 2 are better than the B1G's top 2.
That's not a fair comparison and I think you know that. The Big 10 has more teams than the Big 12. You need to do percentage of conference in the top 25. Don't try and play math games to fit your narrative buddy boy