Votes: 52 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 132 51.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 71 27.8%

• Total voters
L

LincolnWay187

I don’t have a problem in Main Cabin. Regardless of whether the person ahead of me reclines or not. If you have a problem with the person ahead of you reclining then pay for your own upgrade. Trying to control others. Airlines give the choice in the seats I select. And I pay an extra $30 to select MY Reclining Seat. If you are in Economy then you are down the food chain. Capitalism.

Not my fault you work for a cheap ass company. Take your issues up with them.
Do you run to the front of the plane when it lands? Just curious.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Do you run to the front of the plane when it lands? Just curious.

No. And I check my bag. Don’t have 2 backpacks and a carryon to save luggage fees. Those cheap ass clowns stuff the overheads and cram the areas under seats.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I had a fat guy try to raise the armrest once b/c it was digging into his side too much. He wanted to spill his fat body into my seat, and got all upset when I wouldnt allow it. It was a small plane, he had the aisle and I the window seat. Plus Im over 6’ tall and 215 pounds so its not like I have room to spare.
Be honest....were you that fat guy?

• Funny
Reactions: ISUKyro

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
If your answer is “There’s a button to recline so I can recline,” then I think you’re kind of a d**k. I use the button if the seat behind me is vacant but I won’t otherwise. And I always seem to end up behind someone (usually a tiny 20-something woman) who immediately fully reclines as soon as the plane takes off and is oblivious to their effect on the world around them.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
You should pay for your seats by what it costs the airlines to fly you, by space and a combination for yours and your luggage's weight. This will never happen but should.

For those of you complaining about the cattle car seating, if they made the seats more spacious every seat would cost more with less tickets being sold per flight. The current configuration is a balance of the amount of discomfort people will put up with and the price they will pay with some safety considerations. Not the airlines "fault", its market forces and consumer choice. More spacious options are available.

I have heard people say if the person reclines their seat in front of them they can't sit "in a normal position with your knees bent at 90 degrees" because they are 6' whatever. Guess what, no one beyond children sit like that. Everyone needs to put their feet fully under the seat in front of them somewhat straight. If you put a bag under the seat in front of you and can't that's on you. Travel lighter.

I always recline my seat, they are already hell enough on my back without reclining no matter the length of the flight. The only time it is reasonable to expect seats to be upright is during the rare meal service. not just beverage but the rare actually meal on long haul flights. I don't get upset at the person in front of me if they recline while I'm in a nonreclining seat in front of the emergency exits or back of the plane. I just realize I lost the airplane seating lottery.

This is a strange comment. So you're saying that whenever you sit down in any setting you lean back and stretch your legs out? Only children sit with their feet flat on the floor? We need to get you some ergonomics training :eek:

All I'm saying is that as decent people, I think we all owe it to each other to not be jerks. Reclining fully in coach makes you a jerk if your reclining makes it so the person behind you can't sit up straight in their seat or they can't use the tray table or seatback monitor. Kicking someone's seat also makes you a jerk. Let's meet halfway - recline partially so that we're all sharing the pain, but no one is completely miserable.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
My allotted space is the full recline of seat and all the area in front of me. If I stay in Upright then I am allowing you to use MY Unused space of the recline. That is MY space. Delta ADVERTISES that Main and Economy Seats recline up to 4”. So that is MY Space if I choose to use it. I choose to use it. You want more space? Then purchase a seat upgrade. Why should I give up because your are cheap? I am fine with everyone using the space the airlines allow them. No more. No less. Area of recline is MY Space.
This reminds me of my favorite poem as a child:

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
And if I die before I wake
I pray the Lord my toys to break,
So none of the other kids can use them

• Funny
Reactions: Cy4Lifer and NWICY

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Since my knees literally touch the seat back in front of me in most airplanes, I'm going with no, don't recline.
Same. A person in front of me can try to recline but my knees where already pressed against their seat anyway, so good luck reclining.

And once they start to try and jerk back and forth to get it to recline, I assume that is my signal to start doing my leg presses for the duration of the flight.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Same. A person in front of me can try to recline but my knees where already pressed against their seat anyway, so good luck reclining.

And once they start to try and jerk back and forth to get it to recline, I assume that is my signal to start doing my leg presses for the duration of the flight.

So the person in front of you who paid EXTRA for a seat that has recline is the jerk? Enjoy your 4 hours of leg presses while I recline.

Reactions: flycy and wxman1

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Lots of reclining people are getting pressed about being called jerks, and then proving the point in their response. You hate to see it.

The retaliating jerks behind those people reclining kicking the seat in front of them sound like “fine people”. LOL.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Same tall people stand up in front of fans for the whole football game blocking the view of those behind them. Thoughtless jerks only think of themselves.

My ticket allocates me a seat and all the vertical space above that seat, right? I have the right to use it, and if you don’t like it, you are free to pay more to get closer to the field. I think I read something just like this but I can’t remember the context...

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I may be a psychopath because my brain enjoys the pain of being cramped up in an airplane. But I do draw the line at foul odors or unusual noises.

I had a transatlantic flight where I'm pretty sure the person behind me was farting most of the time. Also being huffy about the person next to me reclining their seat and they actually got into a little tiff. It was a wonderful flight.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
CF needs a "Help! I'm tall!" thread.

I find it a bit amusing that it's mostly tall guys complaining that in this one tiny space (pun intended), the world doesn't cater to them and it's terrible.

FWIW, DH is 6'2 and never has an issue with this. He's not oddly short-legged so IDK how the rest of these guys sit. When it reclines, the top of the seat comes back but the part in front of your legs goes forward, I've watched it.

• Winner
Reactions: flycy

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
My ticket allocates me a seat and all the vertical space above that seat, right? I have the right to use it, and if you don’t like it, you are free to pay more to get closer to the field. I think I read something just like this but I can’t remember the context...

Yes. You can stand. And intentionally block the view of those behind.at the football game. Lower sections are actually worse for people standing. I have a wonderful seat in Upper Deck that can’t be obstructed by those standing. Stand all you want.

The person on a flight owns the reclining space that their seat reclines into. That reclining person can use it or not use if they so choose.

If you have the right to kick my seat when I am in recline on an airplane, do I have the right to throw things at you if you stand up in front of me and obstruct my view because I do not want you to stand up?

• Funny
Reactions: IASTATE07

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
So the person in front of you who paid EXTRA for a seat that has recline is the jerk? Enjoy your 4 hours of leg presses while I recline.
Hey, if you are in front of me and find a way to recline by breaking my knees - you do you. I'll send you the medical bill. My point is, even if you paid, there is literally not enough physical space for the seat in front of me to go back. It is not my fault the airline designed plans with such little space between seats. It is not like I can make myself a foot shorter for the duration of the flight.