*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #3 Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Even in this loss, this team is still showing progress. Another game where 3PT shooting is actually an asset. Jacobson is again flirting with a double-double. Nixon, for all his faults, has been playing better since Haliburton went down. Jackson started out hot tonight. Bolton and Young didn't have great games tonight but have had a few before.

There's still life in the team, they haven't given up and it shows. The effort is certainly there.
How can you say Young didn't play well???

• Agree
Reactions: IndyClone15

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Even in this loss, this team is still showing progress. Another game where 3PT shooting is actually an asset. Jacobson is again flirting with a double-double. Nixon, for all his faults, has been playing better since Haliburton went down. Jackson started out hot tonight. Bolton and Young didn't have great games tonight but have had a few before.

There's still life in the team, they haven't given up and it shows. The effort is certainly there.

I thought Solo played really well considering he was matched up with Doke.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
How can you say Young didn't play well???
I thought Solo played really well considering he was matched up with Doke.
That is a valid point, I kinda forgot he matched up on Doke all game. He doesn't have any stats that really jump off that page, but that's at least partially why. It wasn't exactly another 27 point outburst, I guess. :p

• Funny
Reactions: cycl144

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Good effort tonight. We just don't have the fire power to claw back after a patented KU run. I like what I'm seeing from Nixon. Looks like he realizes his career is winding down and is trying to step up.

We can win a few more this year.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
The refs always favor KU at the Phog but time to let this go.

They're just better and it was going to be about like this no matter what.
NO, you can never let the complete and utter prostration of officials in the big 12 to Kansa . It should stop. And i will never stop complaining about the most unbelievable missed calls like hanging on the rim or the deflection over and back. They need to grow a pair and call an even game just once in their miserable reffing live .

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
NO, you can never let the complete and utter prostration of officials in the big 12 to Kansa . It should stop. And i will never stop complaining about the most unbelievable missed calls like hanging on the rim or the deflection over and back. They need to grow a pair and call an even game just once in their miserable reffing live .

We lost by 20. Give it up. Refs had no bearing on the outcome of tonight's game.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Lol, we did not get Bo and Callahan fired. Not even close.

We got Solich fired. Let me have my hyperbole fun. Hell, I don't even know if we ever beat Callahan....should have.....so many opportunities. Ugh.....the guys deserved some wins those years but McCarney ball was in full effect.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
It was nice of Fran to basically say we’d never win next year because of how young our team would be. Bummer, but I’ll cheer our boys on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron