The Fran fade

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That last foul was awful, but that is college basketball for you.

So you think there was a good amount of time left when Garza got called for bodying the Mn player on the way down. It appeared that Garza fouling out was insignificant.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
About two years ago I asked the trolls to post the threads that ISU fans start over on the hawk boards. Crickets was the response. I asked them to post threads that cyclone fans have a large share of posts on, once again crickets. That hawk fan base is here for some major validation.

When you have people like Rob Howe on HN ruling like he was a King and tells people to what what they say, would you want to be on site like that? Look at the number of posts on threads on their sites? Lil' bros can't compete with CF.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So you think there was a good amount of time left when Garza got called for bodying the Mn player on the way down. It appeared that Garza fouling out was insignificant.

It turned out that way. But his fifth foul probably should have been called travelling and been Iowa ball. Fortunately they missed the front end of a one and one and it wasn't a factor.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It turned out that way. But his fifth foul probably should have been called travelling and been Iowa ball. Fortunately they missed the front end of a one and one and it wasn't a factor.

I thought it was a probable make up call for the Evelyn call a little before. Looked like a no call there but Iowa got bailed out on a shot clock violation and I thought they tried to balance it out with the call.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I thought it was a probable make up call for the Evelyn call a little before. Looked like a no call there but Iowa got bailed out on a shot clock violation and I thought they tried to balance it out with the call.

Evelyn was fouled, stupid for Minnesota to do that in that situation as Evelyn wasn't going to be able to get a shot off most likely. Minnesota bailed Evelyn out by fouling him there.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Evelyn was fouled, stupid for Minnesota to do that in that situation as Evelyn wasn't going to be able to get a shot off most likely. Minnesota bailed Evelyn out by fouling him there.

He was fouled as much as Garza fouled the Mn guy. You are being a homer if you say one was and one wasn’t.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Anytime you swipe your hand down on someone going up for a shot, you're putting the referee in position to make a foul call. Evelyn looked like he got all ball when he was called for fouling the Minnesota guy on the and-one 3. It looked like the guy who fouled Evelyn at the end might've gotten him a bit on the hand/wrist area, but it's a call that's regularly made.

Garza's foul was very shocking. In real time it looked like he might've bumped him a little, but the replay looked like he barely touched him. There was so much contact throughout the entire game and that foul was probably the weakest one out of all of them. Worked out in the end though.

• Agree
Reactions: Legend Hawk

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
There were some pretty obnoxious posts on HR before the season started from a few ISU fans that post here.
I wonder why they stopped.
LOL
Just wanted to give y’all a heads up that my trolling days are done. From here on out, legit discussions about Iowa/ISU topics will be all I engage in.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Anytime you swipe your hand down on someone going up for a shot, you're putting the referee in position to make a foul call. Evelyn looked like he got all ball when he was called for fouling the Minnesota guy on the and-one 3. It looked like the guy who fouled Evelyn at the end might've gotten him a bit on the hand/wrist area, but it's a call that's regularly made.

Garza's foul was very shocking. In real time it looked like he might've bumped him a little, but the replay looked like he barely touched him. There was so much contact throughout the entire game and that foul was probably the weakest one out of all of them. Worked out in the end though.
I don't think Luka fouled at the end there.
You can't let both Minny and Iowa centers play as physical as they did, swing elbows, park it in the paint for longer than the rules allow, then call that foul.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't think Luka fouled at the end there.
You can't let both Minny and Iowa centers play as physical as they did, swing elbows, park it in the paint for longer than the rules allow, then call that foul.
I completely agree. That was such a ticky tack foul call, probably only called because Oturu was off balanced and fell to the floor.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I agree with all of this. Thanks for being a rational poster.

Reactions: Statefan10

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
In fairness to Garza, he didn't touch anyone with 2ish seconds left, but you are correct, they did call him for a foul because Oturu fell down. Basketball God's corrected that horrible call, with the missed FT after that bogus call. Refs really tried to hand the game to Minnesota, but Iowa fought through it and got the win anyway.
You must be so relieved Iowa "fought through" by having Minnesota miss the free throws.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
When you have people like Rob Howe on HN ruling like he was a King and tells people to what what they say, would you want to be on site like that? Look at the number of posts on threads on their sites? Lil' bros can't compete with CF.

To be fair most of the posters from hn are always on here.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I like Garza but what a lame look out of his old man. There is literally only one guy fouling him in this picture. Of the guys alleged to have been fouling him literally one couldn't reach out and touch Garza if he wanted to.

Frank Garza
@frankgarza57

Why does it take 4 defenders fouling #55 simultaneously, to finally get a call? What happened to a foul called by a single defender?

12:56 PM · Feb 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Retweets

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: JP4CY