Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yeah, no idea why the hell I typed that. That was bad.

Post had been edited.
I think you should leave it. It really is representative of your body of work here.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He doesn’t lead the NATION in assist to turnover ratio though. I remember when that stat used to be touted around here back in the Monte Morris day’s.....
Yeah I think that stat was touted around here because Monte broke the NCAA record in that statistic, broke his own record again, and now has his name in the NCAA record books. He also brought a lot more to the floor.. Shot above 50% from the floor, around 38% from the 3, and averaged 12 ppg on teams with talent every year.

Comparing Monte's passing ability to Connor's is laughable.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The Garza Factor. So clutch yesterday. He gets saddled with his fourth foul and is on the bench with the score tied. Iowa immediately goes down by 8. He re-enters the game and Iowa goes on a 11-0 run to win the game with him on the court.
Definitely. His presence on the floor completely changes the game. I don't think that's why Minnesota played terrible on offense, but Garza was definitely the reason Iowa won the game. He's the reason Iowa wins most games. Lol he's terrific.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Is this supposed to make me feel bad about Iowa having a first team AA in Garza?

Because it doesnt.

It's the only thing Iowa has!! Joe has basically faded away and the others are god awful!! Funny on College game day as they had Maryland, MSU, and Penn State as the B1G top teams.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The box score tells me how many 3's they attempted.

How many one handed floaters did they put up?
In the last 5 minutes of the game, Minnesota was up 8 and only took 3 more shots, one of them being the last second prayer, and all of them being 3 point shots. They turned the ball over 5 out of their last 8 possessions. One-handed floaters were not the reason they lost that game lol.

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
It's the only thing Iowa has!! Joe has basically faded away and the others are god awful!! Funny on College game day as they had Maryland, MSU, and Penn State as the B1G top teams.

Joe has faded?

He is averaging almost 15 PPG his last 5 games. How is that considered fading?

I would argue Maryland and PSU are the top teams now....they have both won 8 in a row. Iowa, MSU, Illinois, Rutgers and OSU are all in the next tier.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Joe has faded?

He is averaging almost 15 PPG his last 5 games. How is that considered fading?

I would argue Maryland and PSU are the top teams now....they have both won 8 in a row. Iowa, MSU, Illinois, Rutgers and OSU are all in the next tier.
If you put his PPG put his shooting %.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
In the last 5 minutes of the game, Minnesota was up 8 and only took 3 more shots, one of them being the last second prayer, and all of them being 3 point shots. They turned the ball over 5 out of their last 8 possessions. One-handed floaters were not the reason they lost that game lol.

Tell that to @JP4CY , he wasnt sure if hes seen a team take as many as MN did yesterday.