UNI Dual

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Sammy is going to be a nightmare for seeding committees in the tournaments. He hasn't wrestled a ton of the opponents due to the weight switch and coupling that with the up and down performance is going to lead to him probably being under-seeded. The good news is, he just beat the highest-seeded B12 wrestler, so he knows he's capable of beating them all.

Just saw that Mantanona beat Joe Smith 10-5 this weekend, too. So that win over Mantanona looks even better, while the loss to Smith looks not so good. Not sure how much they take recency into consideration during seeding, but it sure looks like Colbray is finding his footing at 174.

Not saying he beats Steiert every time, but I think Colbray's more like the guy we saw yesterday and less like the guy we saw three weeks ago.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
How’s this gonna work with those with a flo subscription?

I wonder if all the other Big 12 wrestling schools have networks that could feed ESPN+ because if not then Flo might be the only way to watch (that is if Flo is even covering all those meets).

I'm curious about track also. I think Flo always covers the Big 12 championships both indoor and outdoor but maybe they will be on ESPN+ now.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
3-4 videos on Flo pro that are great to watch
Damn it. Is there some way to get like a trial subscription to watch them? I saw them on there too but I don't have a subscription this year.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Damn it. Is there some way to get like a trial subscription to watch them? I saw them on there too but I don't have a subscription this year.

I wonder if they are by Iowa State & might be on Cyclones.com somewhere

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I wonder if all the other Big 12 wrestling schools have networks that could feed ESPN+ because if not then Flo might be the only way to watch (that is if Flo is even covering all those meets).

*As mentioned, all of ISU's content will go to ESPN+.
*Oklahoma State and West Virginia will be in the same boat.
*Oklahoma will stay with Fox/FSN because their agreement doesn't expire for a few more years.

The bigger question is if the "affiliate" schools for wrestling will be required to move their Big 12 content to ESPN+, or if the rights for those events will still fall to the respective schools and/or their "regular" conference agreements. That's not something that has been made public.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I wonder if they are by Iowa State & might be on Cyclones.com somewhere
Just checked it out. Didn't see Colbray post match video or Dresser's locker room speech like they have on Flo. :(

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Yes, starting next season wrestling will be on ESPN+, at least the ones that are currently on CycloneTV.
Anybody know more about this? Will there be a lot of wrestling in general on ESPN+? A lot of Big 12 duals? Would love it if ESPN upped their wrestling coverage and gave Flo some competition.

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Anybody know more about this? Will there be a lot of wrestling in general on ESPN+? A lot of Big 12 duals? Would love it if ESPN upped their wrestling coverage and gave Flo some competition.
The ACC teams have their duals on ESPN+. Was able to watch the crazy VT - NC State dual on it the other night. I think Oklahoma State home duals have been on ESPN+ this year.

Reactions: HitItHard58

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
The Cyclones TV channel has allowed me to watch many wrestling meets I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Pollard really promoted this channel when it came out. Is it more income for ISU when played on ESPN? Really wish it was staying on Cyclone TV.

• Agree
Reactions: matclone

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
The Cyclones TV channel has allowed me to watch many wrestling meets I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Pollard really promoted this channel when it came out. Is it more income for ISU when played on ESPN? Really wish it was staying on Cyclone TV.

It's more income for ISU. A more reliable stream. Cheaper for the consumer. It's a win across the board.

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
It's more income for ISU. A more reliable stream. Cheaper for the consumer. It's a win across the board.
not cheaper for me:(

Cyclone TV already comes with Mediacom, so didn't have to worry about streaming. Looks like I'll have to pay a subscription and deal with the hassle of streaming. Guess it's better than no option at all.

Is ESPN+ included with any streaming TV option? Been looking at going that route anyway.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
not cheaper for me:(

Cyclone TV already comes with Mediacom, so didn't have to worry about streaming. Looks like I'll have to pay a subscription and deal with the hassle of streaming. Guess it's better than no option at all.

Is ESPN+ included with any streaming TV option? Been looking at going that route anyway.

You can bundle ESPN+\Hulu\Disney+ but that doesn't really give you everything for sports viewing if you go full streaming. ESPN+ is really a standalone service.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I was just looking at the ESPN+ schedule and for the Big 12 wrestling championships they have a channel for each mat plus a multiview channel. This is during each session.
Also for anyone interested the Big 12 Indoor track and field will be on ESPN+ this year.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I was just looking at the ESPN+ schedule and for the Big 12 wrestling championships they have a channel for each mat plus a multiview channel. This is during each session.
Also for anyone interested the Big 12 Indoor track and field will be on ESPN+ this year.
What channel are the big 12 finals on?

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
What channel are the big 12 finals on?

As far as I can see it is only on the ESPN+ app so I don't think it is an actual channel. Here is the schedule for Sunday if it shows up ok. they are also covering saturday.

Wrestling
NCAA WRESTLING
9:55 AM
Big 12 Wrestling Tournament (Mat 1) (Wrestling)
channel_logo_espnplus_2x.png

Big 12 Wrestling Tournament (Mat 2) (Wrestling)

Big 12 Wrestling Tournament (Mat 3) (Wrestling)

Big 12 Wrestling Tournament (Multiview) (Wrestling)

Big 12 Wrestling Tournament (Mat 4) (Wrestling)

11:00 AM
MAC Wrestling Tournament (Day Two) (Wrestling)

Reactions: HitItHard58