Ladies trip to TCU

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well the gals get a chance to even up with TCU by stealing one on the road today. Lost in a close one at Ames would get tied back to 2nd in the conference with a win today. Good luck lady Clones and GO STATE!!!!

Tip at noon on FSN.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Rough start, but nice 4 point play by AD.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
These TCU games are not fun/hard to watch. Not going to go well for the sisters if the refs swallow their whistle.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
At this point, I'd say it's been about as physical as the other matchup with them, but we're hanging with them pretty good. Missed a couple of bunnies, a touch O-foul on us, but not bad so far.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Man, this TCU Women's team is like playing West Virginia men. SO physical, trapping defense all the time, officials are losing control of the game by not calling as many fouls as are occurring.

• Agree
Reactions: acoustimac

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well shucks stayed with them but couldn't get the W. Got the split out of the Texas trip so that's what I hoped for going in so not too disappointed. The physical play is something we are just going to have to adapt to like it or not. It's not my preference but it is the way for right now.

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
The physical play is tough to watch. Don't get me wrong, TCU is a very good team, but they get away with alot, if officials called a tight game, they'd be screwed. It's very probable that ISU wins all but the Baylor game the rest of the way and gets back in the NCAA Tournament, confident in this team and they're only gonna be better next season.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Texas is so bi-polar they are impossible to predict. They have a 1/2 game lead over ISU at the moment but they have 6 games left and ISU has 5. If TX plays like they did against KU they could well lose all their remaining games, but I suspect they will goat least 3 - 3. Some of you are predicting the Clones will win all their remaining games but one. That's very possible but the KSU game could get tricky. If they go 3-2 in the last 5 and TX goes 3-3 that would put them in a tie for 3rd & 4th. Haven't even thought about how the tiebreaker would go there as far as tourney seeding is concerned. Too early to even speculate on that.

I was in Stillwater for the OSU - BU game saturday. Then went to the OU - KSU game in Norman today. Lanusa for OU went down hard and stayed down forever. She was finally equipped with crutches and came back after half with a boot on her left leg. Probably out for the season.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
Just not a fan of M E-M triggering the inbounds. Too indecisive, possibly worried about anything but the perfect pass. No idea but it's something I'd like to see her improve upon.

Don't you suppose CBF has her doing this for a reason??? If there was a better option, maybe, just maybe, he would be using them??

Last edited: