WBB: Misc thread, polls, opponents games, regional stuff

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Anyone hear of any feedback on how Gabby Mc Bride and Lindsey Jarosinski are doing during their redshirt year? Lindsey does have some height but I am confused as to how tall she actually is.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Lindsey does have some height but I am confused as to how tall she actually is.
ISU lists her as 6'5" and Scott as 6'3". Based on pics from social media, she is an inch or two taller than Scott. I'm not sure Scott is quite that tall (even taking into account the extra height players usually get on rosters) so I bet 6'3" or 6'4" is more accurate for Jarosinski.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Meanwhile, in Morgantown tonight...

7:00 left: West Virginia 50, Kansas State 32

FINAL: Kansas State 56, West Virginia 55

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Iowa wbb got STOMPED at Maryland last night, 93-59. With less than 4:30 left in the 3rd quarter, the Terps led 64-25. It was televised and an absolute joy to watch the last ten minutes. (I also enjoyed watching Iowa mbb losing at Indiana.) Maryland now has sole possession of 1st in the Big 10, Northwestern (!) is a half game back, and Iowa is one game back. Indiana (!) is just two games out of first place.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Iowa wbb got STOMPED at Maryland last night, 93-59. With less than 4:30 left in the 3rd quarter, the Terps led 64-25. It was televised and an absolute joy to watch the last ten minutes. (I also enjoyed watching Iowa mbb losing at Indiana.) Maryland now has sole possession of 1st in the Big 10, Northwestern (!) is a half game back, and Iowa is one game back. Indiana (!) is just two games out of first place.

Maryland might be one of the outside the top 10 that could make a run in the NCAA's. Been thinking they were the favs all along for the Big 10 but Iowa and NW have surprised me some (will confess I don't know much about NW). Four losses, all to ranked teams and only one at home vs SC who are now ranked #1. Maryland, NWU and Iowa split their series, all winning at home so they are pretty tight despite the score last night.

Kinda keep track of Maryland when i get a chance because of the Brenda connection to ISU/Gophers and because still in Gophers league. Watched them play several times and their freshman guard Ashley Owusa is fun to watch. Guess there's a reason she was the #1 guard in the 2019 class. She looks like a downsized 5'-9" version of Courtney Paris. Sort of a powerpoint guard. With her playing so well I almost forgot that another top 10 guard, Iowan Zoe Young, was supposed to be on the squad but torn an ACL. With top forward they are adding next year they might be a Final Four challenger again in a couple of years.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Yikes - Northern Iowa got tripped up at Indiana State Thursday night, 65-63. That was just Indiana State's second MVC win and fourth overall. Their RPI improved to 276. Surprisingly, the loss only dropped UNI down around 10 spots to 59. Their next game is at RPI 324 Evansville.

The Pac 12 saw a couple more ranked teams fall last night (not surprising since half the league is in the top 25). #3 Oregon won at #7 UCLA and #11 Oregon State lost at 13-11 USC.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Surprised that Minn extended Whalen's contract a year - I would think she would have to at least make the NCAA's first. I've watched them 4 or 5 times this year, and just don't see much passion with the team.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Surprised that Minn extended Whalen's contract a year - I would think she would have to at least make the NCAA's first. I've watched them 4 or 5 times this year, and just don't see much passion with the team.

Pretty sure it's more of a case of "what we want build" vs "What have you done for me lately" She's really popular in Minn I believe and a giving her time to accomplish things also extending her might help with recruiting?

Reactions: BoxsterCy

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
There are only three games of separation between the Big 12 3rd place team and 9th place. Every game is important from here to Kansas City.

Baylor won by 27 in Stillwater. WVU beat Tech by 7 in Morgantown to stop their skid.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
There are only three games of separation between the Big 12 3rd place team and 9th place. Every game is important from here to Kansas City.

Baylor won by 27 in Stillwater. WVU beat Tech by 7 in Morgantown to stop their skid.

I'd love for the ladies to battle into 2nd (and I believe it's possible) otherwise hope for 4th and get on the opposite side of the bracket of BU. If the ladies get the win at TCU today they have a distinct possibility of running the table all the way to Sr. night. (ok take away my Kool-Aid)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron