Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Way back in the day my sister in law's boyfriend (now husband) had a significant amount of gray hair in high school. By about 5 years after high school he was totally gray. Apparently his father was the same way, nearly all gray in high school.

My MIL's family all have gone gray/white early, but have wonderful heads of hair. (Husband is adopted. Has a few grays, but is slowly but surely losing it.)

My dad's female cousin, I believe, went completely gray by her mid to late 20s. By her 40s, her hair was completely white, and she wore it long. It was quite striking for her to have all white hair, but a face "too young" to match it.

Reactions: VeloClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Cute Valentines date was appropriately dressed in pink for the holiday buffet at the resort last night. Kinda short though, kept putting her elbows on the table. Also a very fussy eater, even with a big seafood buffet she only wanted breadsticks, cookies and chocolate milk. ;)

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
She has ONE job. ONE job. And in six weeks she STILL hasn't done it yet.

GetTING the 19yr old granddaughter to get her passport application made is like freaking pulling teeth. She's a procrastinator like none other, which is why we started on her as soon as she accepted the invitation.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and cyrevkah

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

GetTING the 19yr old granddaughter to get her passport application made is like freaking pulling teeth. She's a procrastinator like none other, which is why we started on her as soon as she accepted the invitation.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

Good luck! Probably not helpful for you, but I put reminders/alarms on my daughter’s phone to help get things done. Most recently it was to register for the ACT. Now it is to upload a picture for the ACT. We didn’t have a digital file when she registered, and it needs to be done by a date or else they cancel your registration. Next up is trying to find a prom dress. Not quite as important as a passport, but still in the pulling teeth category!!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I see there is a Sonic the Hedgehog movie. Is that even a game anymore?

I think so or at least he's a hit with children.

Amazing that Mario, Ninja Turtles etc. are still big all these years later.

If they rekindle He-man (saw there's some episodes coming out?) and do the movie the right way, I'll go.

• Agree
Reactions: BuffettClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Tried to take moms couch downstairs in our house. Too big. That sucks. POd by then so wife put it on some sale site and 10 people want it. Didn’t think there was a large market for used couches.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
So the Faculty Handbook requires the school to give 90 days notice before a contract ends. That's why they did that so early.

I imagine it's so that we contract people aren't surprised at the very end and can move on while there might be time to do that for next year.
On the flip side, term faculty are doing that because there's nowhere else to go, so any good intention there doesn't really matter.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Good luck! Probably not helpful for you, but I put reminders/alarms on my daughter’s phone to help get things done. Most recently it was to register for the ACT. Now it is to upload a picture for the ACT. We didn’t have a digital file when she registered, and it needs to be done by a date or else they cancel your registration. Next up is trying to find a prom dress. Not quite as important as a passport, but still in the pulling teeth category!!

Daughter decided where she’s going to college or what she might major?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

Once you leave her on the dock she'll know you were serious;). Hope she gets it soon just to relieve her aunt's stress levels. :)

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Daughter decided where she’s going to college or what she might major?

Pretty sure she will end up at Iowa State, the other schools she listed for her scores were University of MN (my grad school alma mater) and Nebraska (gets stuff from them all the time, we have a niece who will be going there next fall). She does not know a major but still indicates pre vet as her interest. We will see!

Reactions: BCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Once you leave her on the dock she'll know you were serious;). Hope she gets it soon just to relieve her aunt's stress levels. :)
We have to get her TO the dock first. We embark from Copenhagen. It's getting her on the international flight that will be the biggest problem!

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Tried to take moms couch downstairs in our house. Too big. That sucks. POd by then so wife put it on some sale site and 10 people want it. Didn’t think there was a large market for used couches.

What sale site?

I'm trying to get rid of some stuff. Craiglist got no takers.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Yesterday a lot of mom's stuff was on auction. I was going through the website and picking out stuff I recognized. Of all the stuff on the site the majority didn't have pictures but I added up over $5,000.
The consignment company keeps half of that and the rest more than pays for getting the house cleaned out which is really all I wanted

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
On a conference call with a guy that using a speaker phone or something so whenever I try to tell him stuff it all echoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.