*** Official Texas Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Nixon seems to be better suited as a PG since he's not a reliable shooter. He's played his best since Halliburton went out.

I doubt Zion is in any doghouse. He hasn't been playing that well lately and we were rolling with playing two bigs at a time.

And you weren't going to sit Mike today.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
He'll get fired soon, and at that point we're running out of conference coaches worse than ours
And? The Big 12 is stacked with great, veteran coaches right now. Self, Webber, Huggins, Kruger & Beard have made final 4s. That's half the conference. Drew and Dixon have had long careers with a ton of success. That leaves Prohm, Smart and Boynton. You basically have to be a hall of fame level coach to break into the top half of the conference right now.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
JSB we were so close but didn't meet (hearts from Sec 205;)) I'm not Pants but.....

Pants and I are on a (maybe permanent) break ;)

I split season tickets between 213 row 3 and 2014 row 14, but due to circumstances I've only sat in 204 maybe 5 times over the last 2 years.

Reactions: NWICY

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Why does Young come out and stay out? Doesn't seem fair, the guy is having a great game, he should get a chance to keep going

He hurt his ankle mid way through the 2nd half so they took him out and left him out a while since we were up by 20 anyways. Give George some practice and let Solo rest his ankle. After the initial pain went away Solo went back in.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
And? The Big 12 is stacked with great, veteran coaches right now. Self, Webber, Huggins, Kruger & Beard have made final 4s. That's half the conference. Drew and Dixon have had long careers with a ton of success. That leaves Prohm, Smart and Boynton. You basically have to be a hall of fame level coach to break into the top half of the conference right now.

didn’t Shaka make a final four with vcu too?... not that it really does anything one way or another to your point but...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It seems like people are having a hard time accepting that Baylor really is THAT good and I don't know why. They are loaded.

I think they're good for the current state of college basketball.

I'm anticipating them flailing around in the NCAA tournament just because they haven't had that 'Baylor' moment yet.

• Creative
Reactions: Macloney

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Didn't watch the game because of work, but did watch the highlights. MJ was on fire, so good for him, he has had a really rough year. Solo looked really good at the beginning of the game, but did not seem to keep scoring in the game. 9 for 10 from the FT line was nice to see. Nice to see a win from the guys, has to be hard to keep playing the way the season has gone.

Irish1

Feb 5, 2016
He hurt his ankle mid way through the 2nd half so they took him out and left him out a while since we were up by 20 anyways. Give George some practice and let Solo rest his ankle. After the initial pain went away Solo went back in.
Thanks for the info! Do you have any about Zion?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Didn't watch the game because of work, but did watch the highlights. MJ was on fire, so good for him, he has had a really rough year. Solo looked really good at the beginning of the game, but did not seem to keep scoring in the game. 9 for 10 from the FT line was nice to see. Nice to see a win from the guys, has to be hard to keep playing the way the season has gone.

solo has been good from the line all year. He’s hitting 79% for the year. I bet he’s been 85% for the last month.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
My first game in Hilton this year, very nice win. Texas really struggle all day long, they really missed the Sims kid, and I thought we couldn't shoot ball, Texas was horrible today.

Attendance was announced at over 14,000, it was not anywhere near that, but a good crowd for a team that is struggling. I still cannot figure out why they do not sell the upper deck seats on the east side to the public, it was basically empty after the first 5 rows or so. Give the students the lower bowl, and maybe the first five rows behind the baskets and sell the rest as season tickets.

Will be there again next Saturday, so I hope we get another good game.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
I think it might be a better product here as this month gets going and teams start to find an identity but yeah it shouldn't take until February to see that emerge.

I'm still not convinced that Baylor's really that good and can see them getting bounced early as a result.

There isn't a single team in the NCAA this year that I'd feel confident in getting to the final four.
The real question for the tourney is if the bottom half of the brackets is really bad, or if the mass exodus of talent has more heavily affected the top half. Could be a wild year of "upsets".

• Agree