*** Official Texas Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Dingus

May 23, 2013
This should put the nail in the coffin of Shaka's tenure at Texas.
So was Shaka’s success at VCU just due to whoever his assistant was at the time? Don’t remember the guys name- Think he took over when Shaka left.

but holy crap- don’t know how you can under perform that bad with Texas’ resources and recruiting base.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
Don’t get me wrong, it sucks to lose your best player and Texas misses Jericho Sims. But pretty much every player they put out there was a high four or five star recruit. I don’t buy the crap that they’re so short handed when you have that talent. Shaka just is not a great coach, I don’t understand how they’re not better. With that being said, we played great and I loved that game so much!

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Another indication of how sad things have gotten is there’s 12 pages here today after a win. I’m impressed with how hard the kids continue to play and with heart. Too bad they just can’t shoot the ball lol

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Proud of the guys today. Played with more intensity and moved the ball better to get better shots. Ball handling was improved as was rebounding. They have the potential to win more games. They just can't let down in any of the facets of the game.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Can go somewhere where your family is able to watch you play each week because they haven't been able to do that in your college career. Not going to be drafted so can still play at a smaller school before looking to go overseas. Also will lose minutes to Conditt/Foster. Not saying it will happen at all, but would anyone blame him if he wanted to do that?

Lose minutes to Conditt and a Freshman? I don't think you've been watching. And why would he go to a smaller school? I get that some of you really really hate Prohm, but wow.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
I’ve been really really hard on Jacobsen- glad he played well! If he can do something consistently around 13 and 8 from here in it would be a good way to end his year.

Reactions: isutrevman

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Well, that was what we all expected, right?!?

1. Last week I posted that I thought Jacobson played really well on defense in the Kansas State win. Some of you geniuses disagreed with me and pointed to his 1-6 shooting and said he shouldn't play at all since Tyrese was out. Well no one should disagree with me today. He was great on offense and great on defense.

2. Last week I also said that Nixon should stop shooting 3's and shoot the long 2's since he makes most of those. Almost all of you disagreed with me there. And, again, I was right.

3. I'm not going to ***** about the size of the crowd, but I will ***** about the students not showing up. And I'll ***** that the guy that hit 4 shots to win the lawn mower got a louder ovation than our team did. And our team was just dominating. That was disappointing.

4. I know Texas was without their best player. But so were we.

5. I was my alternate seat location today, so I didn't have a great view, but it was pretty fun to see Tyrese involved in the game from the bench. Don't leave me, Tyrese ;)

6. This team is still playing hard. It's a weird deal where we either seem to blow teams out (Texas, Kansas State, Oklahoma) or we get blown out. But they keep fighting. Those of you with tickets for the last 3 games. Show up. You'll feel good if you do.

7. From section 204, row 14, I also though Lazard was Georges. But I'm not sure why the TV guys couldn't tell ;)

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Proud of the guys today. Played with more intensity and moved the ball better to get better shots. Ball handling was improved as was rebounding. They have the potential to win more games. They just can't let down in any of the facets of the game.

I'm done predicting things with this team. But I will say that we had a winnable second half of the schedule and it stinks to lose Tyrese with that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron