NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The Cyclones in the NBA thread, changing lives :)

I'm going to watch that game tonight. Would've loved to see it live.
I think the Mrs. was a little torqued at me for staying up and watching it (DVR first half and live second half). A really good game. Of course I love watching Monte' play, but Jokic' is a really fun player to watch even if there wasn't a Cyclone on the team.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I think the Mrs. was a little torqued at me for staying up and watching it (DVR first half and live second half). A really good game. Of course I love watching Monte' play, but Jokic' is a really fun player to watch even if there wasn't a Cyclone on the team.
Jokic is a very unique player. I've heard him called the best big man passer since Bill Walton and it may be true. Hopefully, Mrs. VeloClone will forgive you with Valentine's Day on the horizon

Reactions: VeloClone

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Tough early assignment for Abdel tonight on D.

(Wouldn't it be interesting to see Deonte Burton guard Zion? Meh, he'd probably dwarf DB30).

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
that dunk from Georges a few nights ago is probably the most aggressive move i've ever seen him make, at least since that one dunk in Hilton where he just drove straight in and held the ball high in his right hand til he slammed it home (i will try to link that one if i can find it).

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Dang. Showing my age here, but that reminds me of when I got to watch Dedrick Willoughby during an open practice for an NCAA game as part of the pep band. He was going around the 3-point line and just drilling shot after shot like that. Impressive thing to watch.
For anyone not old enough to see Dedric play...

Going toe to toe with the 2 seed and up 16 a few times. I started watching this. I hadn't seen it since I sat in the nosebleed section of the Alamodome that night. I'm actually kind of anxious to see if the final play really happened like I remember it.

EDIT: Just like I remember it. Floyd set up the foul play on the inbounds play. The ref was so excited to make the quick 5 second call that he ignored the foul that Floyd was looking for. I've played it several times and I can't find a way to make it five seconds from when Klay got the ball and Dedric hits the floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: KCClone1

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
For anyone not old enough to see Dedric play...

Going toe to toe with the 2 seed and up 16 a few times. I started watching this. I hadn't seen it since I sat in the nosebleed section of the Alamodome that night. I'm actually kind of anxious to see if the final play really happened like I remember it.

EDIT: Just like I remember it. Floyd set up the foul play on the inbounds play. The ref was so excited to make the quick 5 second call that he ignored the foul that Floyd was looking for. I've played it several times and I can't find a way to make it five seconds from when Klay got the ball and Dedric hits the floor.

You couldn't have picked another game?!? Man, that one hurt......

• Agree
Reactions: Blackhawk6515

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
that dunk from Georges a few nights ago is probably the most aggressive move i've ever seen him make, at least since that one dunk in Hilton where he just drove straight in and held the ball high in his right hand til he slammed it home (i will try to link that one if i can find it).

At home against TCU if memory serves

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I think Burton is in the G league at the moment
I checked the OKC Blue box scores. He played in one of the last 3 games for the Blue - on FEB 8. He did not play with them on FEB 6 or FEB 11. It seems like they get him some run once in a while to keep him sharp(ish). He was listed in the last Thunder box score on ESPN.com but that's not necessarily accurate of who was on the bench.

• Informative
Reactions: CloneGuy8

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
For anyone not old

No way it was 5 secs. Great play drawn up by Floyd! (Another coach I wish hadn't left.) However, that traveling call against UCLA was pretty shakey too.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
This Raptors beat writer is a total Matt Thomas fan-boy. I guess he needed something to tweet during the All-Star break: